Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, after posting in the "Green Lindsey" thread below about the grayish/greenish skin tone present in two of my AGOT dolls, I finally decided that while there are many flaws I can live with in my dolls, sick looking gray skin is not one of them. I feel like I haven't bonded with my GT3 or my GT21 as well as some of my others because I am so put off by their skin color. Looking at them next to my Kailey with her gorgeous peachy skin just made them look all the more sickly. So today I e-mailed AG and asked if the skin tones had changed for good and, if I ordered new dolls, they would for sure have the lovely peachy skin color. They said that yes, the dolls' skin tones have indeed changed and that I could exchange my dolls for new ones. I was really surprised at that because I've had both dolls for over a year now, and I guess I didn't think I could exchange them so long after the purchase. I was expecting I would have to try and sell the gray-skinned ones and just buy the new dolls, which I really can't afford to do right now. So I called Customer Service and they confirmed that yes, I could exchange the dolls even after having them for so long. I was so pleased that I packaged them up immediately after I got off the phone and drove straight to the post office to send them off this afternoon.

While I am thrilled to be able to make the exchange, I am also feeling slightly guilty. I feel shallow for some reason - like I should have been more attached to the dolls after so much time and not wanted to exchange them. [img]redface.gif[/img] But the fact is that those two dolls have never gotten as much attention as my others - they don't get their clothes changed as much or held as much or taken places like the others, and I really want to change that. I am trying to think of it as though they were both sick all this time, and I have sent them off to be cured and when they come home they'll be back to their healthy complexions again. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't you feel bad about that at all, Katie! I think you were wise to make the exchange if their complexion looked unhealthy to you and was affecting the attention you gave to them. You will be so glad you "got them cured" when they come back home to you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I'll do that with my AGOT 21 too!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is just incredible customer service. I am very, very impressed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if they would exchange the green Lindseys?!!! If they made them for a limited time only - and that's how they made them during that time - there must not be any nice, peachy ones, eh?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is AG making you pay for shipping the dolls to them and shipping for the new healthy dolls? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sent my Gracie (AGOT 21) off today for the same reasons Katie did, and because she had an unremovable black mark on her arm.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by NurseSarahRN:
    Is AG making you pay for shipping the dolls to them and shipping for the new healthy dolls?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I paid the shipping to send the dolls to them, but the phone rep didn't say anything about paying for the return shipping, so I assume I don't have to. All she said was to write a letter explaining why I was returning them and to specify that I wanted an exchange for the same two dolls. I'm still shocked they're actually allowing me to exchange them, though, and would pay for the return shipping if they asked!

Originally posted by Nicole J:
    I wonder if they would exchange the green Lindseys?!!! If they made them for a limited time only - and that's how they made them during that time - there must not be any nice, peachy ones, eh?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I assume. I guess all the Lindseys will always be slightly gray/green. Luckily mine is not quite as bad as my AGOTs were, and I've never felt distracted by her skin like I did with theirs.