Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie Questions, Advice please!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] From the sound of things, you will fit right in to our ever-growing dolly community! We hope you will enjoy it here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter:
    My DD has serious allergies and these things need to be taken seriously. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wool allergies are one of the worst, aren't they? Wool and peanuts and milk and glucen are up there at the top as the most irritating, in my book. I'm lucky I'm only allergic to wool and I grew out of lactose intolerance, for the most part.

Also, I'm lucky I live in Florida, so it's easier to find clothes that aren't wool in the winter, though I work at the mall in a women's clothing shop, and at wintertime, I'm sneezing all the time and my hands tend to get lobstery red from handling the wool and cashmere sweaters. And I do so as little as possible - usually only when I'm wrapping up a purchase! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome!

I think that the Pre-Mattel Meet outfit of Molly might have been out of wool, but I'm not sure if it is now.

I think that the Kirsten Limited Edition white coat with the red stripes might have been out of wool as well.

If I think of more, I will edit this post and add to it.

But I also think that calling Customer Service for content information is a great idea! And if the first CS person doesn't know, you could ask to talk to a supervisor, or ask who they suggest you talk to.

Joy

MickeyFan

Welcome Keri to a fellow Floridian!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 16, 2006 04:41 PM: Message edited by: MickeyFan ]</font>

rolloverrover

Welcome to the board!! I think it's wonderful how you intend have a special doll to help you navigate the world around you.

I think we have another regular poster on this board who also has Asperger's. Perhaps she will see your post and you two can become support for one another.

This board is extremely friendly and helpful and such a nice diversion from everyday stresses.

Again, welcome!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughter is okay with wool-- at least thus far. For us it is mostly food allergies (dairy, soy, egg, wheat, all nuts, seafood...). I was thrilled to read that AGP has a non-dairy alternative dessert in the cafe! A number of times I have asked all the allergy questions and after food is served to my daughter someone will say "I just put a little butter on for taste, I'm sure that's fine." I have to take the food away and that's hard on a little kid. (The alternative is the epi-pen and a trip to the ER.)

Can't wait to hear about the arrival of your doll....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board. People here are so friendly and helpful. I don't think you can go wrong with Kit or Addy. If your worried about Addy in modern clothes take a look at some of the albums. Many people have made Addy a modern girl. Prasnld's albums are a great place to start. Kit is a real cutie too. I'm hoping for a JLY with dark short hair because she would look like my DD. Let us know what you decide.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit is cute, but if you'd like a dark haired doll with easy hair maintenence, you might also consider AGT 23. I have AGT 24, who is the blonde version, and her hair is really easy to take care of and style. It's curly, but a spritz with water and a wire wig brush never fail to fix it. I love Addy, but I don't have her so I don't know how her hair is.

I also agree with waiting for the new JLY dolls to be released, as they are rumored to have short hair. They might also have interesting coloring or face molds that you bond with.

Generally, you can get any of the meet outfits seperately, too, which is nice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123