Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Finally! I have been looking on Criagslist quite a bit trying to get some older items for DD. Today I was able to get a PM Kirsten fully clothed with accessories, 5 retired outfits, and the yellow bunkbed with 2 black sleeping bags for $75. Not as good deal wise as some of you all, but hey, it's a start at least. The good thing is these were retired outfits DD really wanted, so she is just thrilled. We already have a Kirsten, but she is new, so it is nice to have an older one now in the family. I think the new Kirsten will wear today clothes...at least that is what she has been doing since she got home. :-) Unreal...I didn't even have to clean this doll, she is spotless. Yeah for Criagslist! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on your GREAT find! I know you are very excited! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's really an amazing deal (even if it sounds like you're a bit jealous of other people's finds [img]wink.gif[/img] ). Congratulations!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I think it is great to hear that people really are getting great deals out there. The thrift stores in my area all know about American Girl, so they list them either on eBay or other sites, so no deals there. I have a feeling this is the case in quite a few areas. I just wanted everyone to know, keep up with Criagslist in your area, it works...evenutally! [img]wink.gif[/img] It seems Craigslist is growing like crazy, check it out if you haven't yet. We have successfully purchased and sold several things through them in just the last few weeks.

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's awesome!!!!!
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found a Nellie, Samantha, Kaya, 6 outfits, the 3-in-1 bed and other furniture all for $115 on the LA craigslist once. I was thrilled!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a great find! PM Kirstens are so beautiful, and I love the yellow bunkbeds. [img]smile.gif[/img] And 5 retired outfits? Which ones did you get? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The outfits we were able to get were the purple Asian outfit, the blue jean basics outfit, purple sweater with jeans and white shirt outfit...the clogs with this set are just adorable, the starflower outfit, and the old hiking outfit with the blue windbreaker, backpack accessories, etc. I totally forgot about the gray baseball jacket with hat too. I bought these items from a couple of sisters, they had all of the accessories, even the toe nail polish stickers from the Asian outfit all laid out and ready to go. They had other AG dolls and outfits, but I just got what DD didn't have. Like I said, the prices were very good on some items but nothing else really struck me as a super deal.

Shelly

Shelly