Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

>Are personal shoppers paid on a comission?
    >Do you place all your orders with a personal shopper? What are the advantages of placing an order with a PS?
    >How can they help you when you visit AGP?

Thanks for any help. [img]smile.gif[/img] Ingrid in Chicago is my personal shopper, and I'm just wondering how much work I can get out of her. [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PSes are not paid on commission.
    I place orders with Ingrid only when an item is out of stock or store special. I place orders online or on the phone otherwise, so I can use a discount code.
    When I visited the store the first time, Ingrid gave us a personal tour and left us goodie bags at our table in the cafe. As we selected items, she carried them to the area behind the register for us so we didn't have to lug boxes around all day.
    On my second trip, she helped me shop again, showed DH around the store, and then later helped DH select my birthday present.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 04, 2006 06:40 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PSs can help you with reservations, help you select merchandise and you can check out in the PS room and avoid standing on line at the registers-- looks like much more fun to sit on a comfy couch and play with your new goodies while your PS rings everything up! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

You don't have to do all your shopping with a PS.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What if you've never been to AGP? I can't see us making the trip until the girls are old enough for an 18" doll . . . a few more years at least.

Are you able to find and use a PS without going to the store?

Faith

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TexasMom:
    What if you've never been to AGP? I can't see us making the trip until the girls are old enough for an 18" doll . . . a few more years at least.

Are you able to find and use a PS without going to the store?

Faith
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I called the New York store this week, asked for a personal shopper and got one promptly. She couldn't have been more helpful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wait, so you don't have to pay at all to have a PS?

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi! I've called personal shoppers via phone at all three AGP's in the past few months (when I was on my quest for Kit's waffle iron set--got it at AGPLA) and I asked about comissions etc. The PS in LA, Ellen, explained that while they do not get comissions, the store gets "recognition" benefits for the amount of sales that come through the PS's. She made it sound like a sort of contest between the stores. The service is free and basically she said they are there to help make shopping more pleasant & personal for customers. They want to develop relationships with customers was the way she put it to me. They will "hand-pick" dolls for you and check on items. Ellen was totally nice, as was Rita in Chicago. I'd shop with either of them any day. I was kind of thinking about using the PS's to help with the doll purchases since I'm very picky about wanting the best hair etc. I agree that other orders are best done online. Hope this helps!
    Katie