Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unloading some of the "stash" closet!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the review on the fishing set. My DD actually put that on her wish list just because it is soooo cute. She used to fish w/ her Dad some, but isn't as interested in it as she used to be. I think this set reminds her of those happy fishing trips. So fun how your DD made the bear go after the fish! Do you have Kirsten's honeypots to pull out of your stash? That bear needs some honey! lol. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

ETA: Don't worry about her getting Molly too. She worked hard to buy her so that's in a completely different category than Mom doling out goodies from the stash. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Edited again because I can't spell! [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 11, 2006 11:12 AM: Message edited by: trvnbrn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad you're having fun with your daughter and all the dolls. We've been playing a lot with our dolls too. I got Jess' pajamas out the other night and Lydia was so excited. She got all the dolls dressed in their jammies and gave them each a mini build a bear to sleep with. Then she and her brother got their sleeping bags and spread them out in the playroom and said they were having a slumber party. I told them to get ready for bed and we could read stories in the playroom. It was sooo fun. My ds is so sweet.......he gave each of the 4 dolls a kiss and said "goodnight girls" before he left for his own bedroom.

I like giving things to my kids throughout the year too. Christmas is sooo overwhelming with both sets of grandparents going overboard so I like to give them little things for special occasions/holidays. Lydia would really like a horse for Felicity and Elizabeth to ride so we went and looked at the ones at Target. She really liked them and I told her she had to save her money to get it. She has $15 saved right now so I think I'll pay the rest and give it to her when she comes home from the first day of school. Dolls will only be given on bdays or Christmas (or if she saves her own money) but outfits and accessories will be given througout the year.....that's my plan!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Laurie!

Thanks for the details on the fishing set. It does sound really fragile. My DD generally plays with the dolls only with me (even though she is allowed to keep them in her room). She also gets to keep the clothes & shoes in her room too but all of the accessories and smaller items are hidden in my closet or in a night table in our guest room.

This system seems to be working well for us and DD doesn't really ask about the accessories too often. She was really interested in the whistle, flashlight & pans that came with Molly's camping items though. I generally figure that if the accessory item is as big as the Angelina accessories then it's ok for DD to play with alone.

The fishing set would defintely fall into the "mom's closet" category from your description. I really thought it would be fun to have it when we visit my in-laws at the lake sometime as part of a "dolls adventure at the lake" album. Well, if anyone thinks there's a possibility of retirement for the fishing set soon I might get it & tuck it away for much later, otherwise I might just wait a bit, like until next spring or summer...

Let us know what the surprise is!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it's great to dig out a stash once in awhile! After all, school will be starting all too soon and look at all the enjoyment she'll be getting out of those things before she has to be bothered with getting up early, being at school all day and not getting the nice summertime quality time with her dollies! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My mom was like that too, she would get me AG things for no reason when she got a raise at her old job. Now I have to use my own money for AG things, except Birthday and Christmas.

T. Lynn

Originally posted by ams37:
    My husband's line when I feel guilty about over spending (usually on the kids) is it's only money, I can make more. Love that about him.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My husband ALWAYS says the same thing.

I ordered the treat seat from NY and it arrived yesterday. I put it downstairs with the "stash" but this morning, decided I'm going to give it to her. I have her doll sitting at the table in it. She thinks they come alive while she sleeps as every night I do something with them. She's down for a nap and I can't wait for her to wake up and realize her dolls at the table ready to eat some snacks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12