Thread: Sam & Kit's Trunks--any chance they could be replaced?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe I should just file this under paranoid? [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's occurred to me that with the retirement of Molly's trunk, only Sam and Kit still have trunks. (Addy, Josefina and Kirsten all have 'wooden' chests). I wonder how expensive the trunks are to produce vs. what AG thinks they can get for them, and if the new style "wardrobes" for Felicity and now for Molly don't offer a much better profit margin. That led me to wonder if we might see Sam and Kit's trunks replaced down the line.

I don't think it will happen this year, unless it does for Christmas, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're replaced down the line.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 04, 2006 09:12 PM: Message edited by: auri ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

with Kit's movie being next, you just never know. I'm glad I have the original for Kit, I think it's very useful.

Samantha's they kind of missed the boat on since they already did her movie, but since Sam is also the AG favorite and gets new things ALL the time, it just wouldn't surprise me either.

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's always a CHANCE anything could be retired or replaced. I would be more worried about Kit, although, I can't imagine what kind of furniture she'd have up in her attic. (Maybe it could/would be something girly of Ruthie's instead of an outright trunk replacement?)

That's not to say that Samantha's trunk will never retire; we just don't know. But I would say Kit's PROBABLY will retire when her movie comes out, whereas Samantha, I just don't know.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My cousin was going to get Samantha's trunk on Tuesday. She asked if it was going to be retired soon and my PS told her no. So Kerri held off and bought Samantha's Bird Watching Outfit and a few other Sam outfits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was concerned about this, too. I had been thinking about Sam's trunk, since it was similar to Molly's, about it being retired. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't think more about Kit's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit's trunk probably is more likely for retirement. I suppose Sam's is safer, Sam being Sam.

If anyone's thinking about the trunks, they're both great but I have to admit that I like Kit's especially. It's beautifully made and it holds alot. It's also easier to organize different kinds of items because there are four separate compartments.