Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, my daughter has been begging me to let her join HB. She wants to make some new friends and I think she is just now feeling the whole that the closing of the club has left. Anyways, I told her I would try to find a message board for girls more her age but the web is scary these days and I thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone knows of a place? Or do you think that I should let her have her own HB account? I don't think she would go on all that much. She's usually very busy with sports, chorus, school, etc..... If I do let her I told her her she would have to introduce herself right off and disclose what grade she is in. Anyways, any thoughts or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] Kristin

Edit from Joy: As a matter of fact, we do not want our younger members disclosing their ages or what grades they are in.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 18, 2006 11:57 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI,

I would let her come here because this place feels relatively safe & the mods do a great job keeping it that way. I would not have her disclose her age, but she could say that she is your DD. It would be easy enough for you to keep an eye on her & watch out for her here as well. My DD is a ____ grader & that's how I would handle it. She hates talking on the phone or e-mailing so I don't have to deal with this issue yet. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 18, 2006 11:54 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it would be fine for your dd to go on HB. There are some younger girls on here too. Other websites I recommend:

*Neopets.com
    *Missoandfriends.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well..How old is she?9?10?Older?Younger?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it would be fine if your daughter posted here, as long as she doesn't give out her age. You could monitor her posts to make sure she doesn't give out too much information about herself. I say go for it! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

horselvr2

I am kinda-young not really though, and I am on here. Here is a one for mostly girls, I am also on it. It is Bitsy02's ag forum. http://americangirls.myfreeforum.org/

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 03:07 PM: Message edited by: tooty_fruity ]</font>