Thread: Is #28's skin tone the same as Marisol? Is "medium" skin always the same shade?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How about Josephina and others?

I got a visit from my niece and Marisol tonight. I have been wanting #28 and just wondered if she and all the other "medium" skin dolls have the exact same coloring.

And are the light skinned dolls the same or different?

Thanks.

Lisa

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Lisa!

The medium skin tone is not always the same! I have Marisol, #28, & #26, all with medium skin tone. I just received #11 in the mail who also is supposed to have medium skin tone, but she is very pale compared to the others. Almost ashen. My other dolls have a very rosy type complexion in comparison. I think there may be different dye lots they use in different runs that may account for the difference. Likewise, I also have light skinned dolls which are both shades of peach, and shades of tan. Two of my dolls from MCM, #4 & #10, are completely mismatched. One has a peach head and limbs on a tan body, and the other has tan head and limbs on a peach body! When I have time, these little girls are going to have major surgery to correct their shade issues, LOL!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 20, 2006 11:49 PM: Message edited by: AG4Alison ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nine of my girls have a "medium" skin tone. My GT26 twins have identical coloring - they came straight from the factory in the same order. None of the others match at all! I like that they do vary the skin tones of the dolls. In real life, not all light-skinned, nor medium-skinned, nor dark-skinned people have the same coloration. How boring would that be if we did! [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 21, 2006 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AG4Alison:
    [QB]Hi Lisa!

The medium skin tone is not always the same! I have Marisol, #28, & #26, all with medium skin tone. I just received #11 in the mail who also is supposed to have medium skin tone, but she is very pale compared to the others. Almost ashen. My other dolls have a very rosy type complexion in comparison. I think there may be different dye lots they use in different runs that may account for the difference. Likewise, I also have light skinned dolls which are both shades of peach, and shades of tan. Two of my dolls from MCM, #4 & #10, are completely mismatched. One has a peach head and limbs on a tan body, and the other has tan head and limbs on a peach body! When I have time, these little girls are going to have major surgery to correct their shade issues, LOL!

You could swap heads on #4 and #10. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, LOL, as gross as this sounds, I am going to swap their heads and all thier body parts to the matching torsos when I have time! Maybe I'll have to enlist Dr. Robin to help, LOL!