Thread: Problems at the Outlet today (a bit long and kinda whiney)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I am so frustrated. I took the 2 hour trip up to the Oshkosh outlet today with DH and DD hoping to pick up Molly's Dog and Nighttime Neccessities only to arrive and find out a transformer blew and there was no electricity for 15 of the stores including AG! (A little odd since the lights at AG were all clearly on when we looked unlike the other stores). The mall officials assured us that it would be up by 11 so we went out to a Sunday brunch. When we returned at 11 we were told the time changed to 2! Still determined not to waste a perfectly good shopping trip, we then drove up to Appleton to revisit my old college campus. When we returned to Oshkosh at 2:30, we were then informed that it would be 3:30 before the electricity would be fixed. Finally frustrated beyond belief, I called the Prime Outlets CS and was informed that it would not be fixed today and he hadn't been able to inform the staff of the update. So alas, I had a wonderful trip to the Lawrence University campus in Appleton but went home without any accessories for DD's Molly. I felt so sad for all of the girls I saw walking up to the doors of the AG outlet only to have to turn around and go home. They all looked so disappointed!

A word of advice for any considering a trip to the outlet in the next few days, call first to make sure they are open. The CS rep from the Mall seemed to hint that it was a very large problem.

Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How terribly sad for your daughter. My heart goes out to her.

Polly Marie

Must have been very frustrating. I hope your next trip to the outlet will be a really great one and you will find just what dd and you wanted plus other surprised specials! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's terrible! What a major loss of revenue for all those stores, too! When I was there last it seemed as though that place really needed a facelift - apparently it needs a lot more work than that!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry. This is very frustrating to drive for 2 hours and then they have these problems at the outlet. At least you had some alternatives to try and make the trip worth it - but still. Hope you have better luck next time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would be sooooo mad, too! I've been to the outlet once before and came back with lots of loot and I was so excited. You probably don't live too far from me, I also think it's about a 2-hor drive from where I live near Chicago.