Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if historical doll was about you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

What if the next historical doll was about you when you were 10 years old? What would your doll's meet outfit be? What would she look like? What would your pet be?

I was playing this game with a friend today, when talking about our daughters' doll collections. It was interesting to think about.

I then asked my daughter, and her doll would be AGOT 23, with the lilac glasses, and the new sparkly tunic outfit. She would need the doll's hair to be slightly longer. Her pet would be a chiuhuahua. (spelling?!) Very cute.

She then asked me, and thinking back to what I looked like when I was 10, I shuddered to consider the results permanently captured in a doll!

Imagine, AGOT 7 with all of her hair cut super short. (Not a stylish cut -- imagine a bowl placed upside down on your head, and then cutting the hair with blunt scissors!) Add a too-small handmade holly-hobbie pink and green print dress, and multi-colored red, yellow and blue tennis shoes. My pet would be a goat.

I'm not sure my doll would sell.

My daughter still hasn't stopped laughing about this! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 20, 2006 09:53 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a cute question! My doll would be a 1982 doll or a late 70's early 80's doll. She'd either be #5 or #13 and the hair would be accurate since I've always had longer hair. She's probably need a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, a girl scout uniform and a Wonder Woman costume plus Little House on the Prarie type costumes for dress up (I even had a sunbonnet). She'd also have lots of Barbie, Cabbage Patch and Madame Alex. dolls to play with plus some Star Wars items too. Oh and she'd defintely have some brown clogs too! Katie

emsmombuysdolls

Mine would come with a pair of Under-Roos! Remember those? They should bring them back. DD would love some X-Men Under-Roos.

MickeyFan

What a neat question! A doll like me at ten...

She would be from 1977, have short brown hair cut in the Dorothy Hamil style, and be in the fifth grade. Her meet outfit would be a pair of Grease jeans with a matching Grease (from the movie)shirt. The shirt would be blue with the word "Grease" in red metallic puff letters. She would also have a pair of tennis shoes. Her accessories would include lip gloss in strawberry flavor,a set of Star Wars cards from bubble gum packets, and glasses...the large plastic kind we used to wear. For the winter she would have a fake fur coat. The really furry kind in white with black spots. She would also have for purchase a tennis outfit complete with racket and shoes, a one piece swimsuit with strawberries on it, and a Girl Scout outfit. She would also have another casual outfit of jeans and a blue plaid shirt with gold metallic thread running thorough it. I think that about covers it. forums

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 03, 2006 11:09 PM: Message edited by: MickeyFan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was ten in 1964 - I had hair like Molly but thinner - worn in braids with bangs. . .outfits were very much like Molly's. Lots of plaids and white blouses, jumpers. My Mom always made sure I had a clean, ironed handkerchief pinned to my dress/skirt at the waistband. Knee socks, penny loafers. The piece-de-resistance (sp?) were the eyeglasses - plastic, light blue with sparklies at the outer corners.

I even had a bookbag like Molly's. Needless to say, Molly was my first AG girl. . .she's my JLY doll! LOL

Sandy
    Forgot to add Meet Outfit. . .perhaps a pleated skirt and a blouse, knee socks penny loafers and the cat's eye sparkly eyeglasses! forums

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 03, 2006 11:19 PM: Message edited by: SanFen ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 03, 2006 11:20 PM: Message edited by: SanFen ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My 1984 girl would have long dark blonde hair and feathered bangs. She'd have grey eyes and tons and tons of freckles.
    She would come in a pair of blue jeans with a baby blue oxford shirt and a darker blue monogrammed sweater tied around her shoulders. She'd wear penny loafers or Roos tennis shoes. Her other outfits would include a Speedo racing suit, her junior Girl Scout uniform (pants, printed short sleeve blouse, sash and tam) and her red Annie dress. Her pets would be a charcoal tuxedo kitty and a beagle/wire fox terrier mix. She'd come with a whole bunch of books, a Tupperware lunchbox, an aluminum frame GS hiking pack full of gear (mess kit, laundry soap, Swiss Army knife, bed roll, sit upon, etc.), a well-loved Drowsy doll, a Cabbage Patch doll and a stuffed unicorn.

ETA: Oh... I forgot to add, in honour or em's mom, Veronica Underoos!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 03, 2006 11:20 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually planned out a Kristen (my real name) from 1994 once. Meet outfit being my favorite red shirt and green vest with khakis. Thanks, 90s fashion!

McMasters

Mine would have blond hair with at frizzy perm, pink corduroys 2 inches too short, white socks, brown clogs and a pink, blue, and yellow stripped button up shirt. Accessories include: hair pick, plastic jewelry, 10 colors of nail polish, and Wonder Woman Under-Roos. A Teddy Bear sweatshirt and rainbow leg warmers sold separately. Orange cat as pet.

That's the nicest outfit I can remember!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I did have some Laura Ingels dresses for special occasions that my mom made!

Felicity_Fan85

My 1995 girl- 8 is the closest match for that- just make the hair more red and a little wavier. The meet outfit would probably be this blue dress I wore with fake gemstones on the front. She needs glasses too- the blue ones AG has now might work.

My Susie is actually 10/11 in 1996/1997- she turns 11 on Dec. 25th 1996- so that would make her 6 days older than me). She looks nothing like me but shares quite a bit of my personality.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm...I was 10 in 1992. I remember the outfit I wore for school pictures that year. It was a black top and matching skirt with multicolored pok-a-dots! I had a sparkly red poofy thing for my hair.

I also remember wearing t-shirt ties, slouch socks, and biker style shorts under a skirt, some holdovers from the 80s.

I did have a Blossom hat when I was about 13, and they did that with the very first AGT outfit. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast