Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if historical doll was about you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was 10 in 1967 so my doll would probably look a little like Molly only with shorter hair, probably chin length.

I guess my meet outfit would be either my parochial school uniform which was a white blouse and a pleated skirt with little tiny black and white houndstooth checks on it and knee sox. Or another outfit we wore alot were "pedal pushers" aka capris today. Little tie oxford shoes like Molly's would work. When I was 10, we had clear plastic bags we carried our books in at our school, 15 cents at the supply stand, LOL! A kid could go thru a lot of those in a year with the books we hauled home in 5th grade! I guess I used a metal lunch box--those were getting scarcer and scarcer at that time.

Dresses were smocked and puffy sleeves were still popular; Polly Flinders brand was a big thing so that's what a good Christmas dress for an AG of 1967 would be. That or maybe a straighter dress with an empire waist and long sleeves. Fifth graders still looked like little girls i 1967 and not pages out of Seventeen magazine, LOL! I remember though not wanting to totally look like a little little girl though.

Some accessories could include a jump rope, a frisbee, a Beatles record, a Monkees record, small portable record player, Liddle Kiddle dolls to play with and maybe even a miniature Barbie doll, haha. Almost forgot a dog: I always wanted a dachshund ever since seeing the Ugly Dachshund movie around that time so that would be my doll's dog. (I finally got one in 1971 yay!)

This is really a fun thread--I hope it keeps going so I'll remember to check back! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 04, 2006 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Tari ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a fun topic!

I'm afraid all my childhood (and even high school) is a bit of a blur, so I have a really hard time figuring out what I wore and was into in a particular moment of time. Then again, Samantha's Talent Show dress is from 1900-1901, whereas she would've worn it in about 1904, so I guess you can give me a little slack. [img]smile.gif[/img] As for time, we'll say late 80s/early 90s; I hate to tell my exact birth year online (or my birth year +10).

I think I'd be an AGOT 13 with shorter hair (probably a little past shoulder length), and I think it would be pulled back by a headband. Meet clothes would be a T-shirt, probably plain black shorts, and tennis shoes with socks. Accessories would be a couple books (I know I liked the Laura Ingalls books then, and those are nice and traditional), DEFINITELY a TV (I was SO obsessed with my TV shows/cartoons!), and most likely some drawing supplies, as I wanted to be an animator at the time. Doll would be my beloved Gadget Hackwrench doll. I guess my other outfits would be a jacket (I know I had one that was black and purple in about the right time period), and winter pants. Nightclothes would be a long sleepshirt (possibly emblazoned with some cartoon character; I had a Bart Simpson one that says "Peace Man" but that was a couple years too late) with shorts underneath. I did wear dresses to church, but I don't remember what any of them looked like when I was so little. (Well, I had a really ugly red jacket and skirt that I got paint on and got in quite a bit of trouble for ruining...) I would probably have one of my dad's shirts for a paint shirt, with pens to draw on it. [img]smile.gif[/img] And yes, I would have a Mini Kirsten doll as well, but she would need to come with her school dress. My doll would have Kirsten's school dress too, as my mom made me and Kirsten matching school dresses. (I only wore mine to church though!)

To be fair, they probably would have to add a bit of stuffing to the doll to be accurate; not too much, but a little. I definitely wouldn't have been able to be one of the new dolls that happens to be UNDERstuffed! [img]redface.gif[/img]

EDIT: In case you didn't notice, I was never fashionable. On the up side, I suppose that gives my doll a bit of a classic quality. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 04, 2006 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a fun thread!

My doll would be from 1983 when I was 10. It would've had blue eyes, freckles, and brown/auburn hair in long braids with no bangs (beacuse that's the way Laura Ingalls wore hers!) I also would've had the lilac glasses, which coincidentally are the so exact to my first pair it's scary! I would've come in a sweatshirt fleece mini skirt with matching sweatshirt that had purple, hot pink, and blue hearts with a little argyle pattern behind on them, purple leg warmers, and little lavendar LA gear style flat bottom tennis shoes. (That's what I wore on the first day of 5th grade!)

My pet would be a black cat, and my doll would've been a Strawberry Shortcake.

An additional outfit to my colection would be jeans, Nikes, a yellow t-shirt with an iron-on transfer that had glitter and a kitten on in somewhere, a Nike Pull-over windbreaker, and those hair ribbons that were not ribbons, but made of a puffy cotton-like stuff. And another would be a matching track suit made of polyester.

My pajamas would be a set with a very thin lightweight short sleeved yellow shirt and a pair of matching shorts with Mork & Mindy on them.

Other accessories would've included a yellow/orange/green bike with a banana seat and big handlebars, a Coleco-vision video game console, a Kodak Disk Camera, and Barbie's dreamhouse.

That was me!

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mine would be from 1988! [img]smile.gif[/img] My doll would be like samantha with long dark hair, but with blue eyes instead of brown.. however I would not be wearing these dainty outfits lol I'd be in shorts and a simple t-shirt, dressed and ready to go outside and play! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooh what a fun thread! Well I would definitely be AG25; give her a little tan and Josie's face and then we would really be identical! But anyway, she would be from 1994 and her hair would be styled so that the top was pulled back in a ponytail (scrunchie of course) and she would probably have on some sort of culotte outfit (kinda like the red one from the mid-90s) with jelly sandals.

As for accessories, hmmm, probably a fanny pack, (it would definitely be purple) beaded bracelet, some lunch money, a floppy hat with a big sunflower on it and lets not forget little stud earrings. And oh yeah, I would have just got glasses. At first they were cool, then after about one year I refused to wear them until I got contacts (which didn't happen until I was 13 and going into the 8th grade) and believe me I was blind without them!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My doll would be from 1989. She would look just like #12, but the bangs would be starting to grow out. She would come in a ruffled stone washed jean skirt and a pair of pink and black LA gear sneakers. The t-shirt would have neon colors or be decorated with puffy paint. Her accessories would include jelly bracelets and a tape walkman. My doll would have a dance leotard with ballet, tap and jazz shoes. Her doll would be a California girl barbie.

What was I thinking back than! I think I can rest easy knowing AG won't be stealing this idea for future dolls.

thepidget

Kenshinchan, are you talking about Gadget from the "Rescue Rangers" cartoons? If so, I LOVED Gadget when I was a little kid. I swear I wanted to be exactly like her. LOL. [img]smile.gif[/img]

This is a fun thread, although I don't know if I like remembering myself as a 10 year old. My preteens were a really awkward time for me, haha. [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, about the doll version of my 10 year old self. I would've been from the early 1990s and raised on the West Coast.

The doll version of me: Medium-long dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. I think I looked the most like AGT 25 or Jess, but with bangs (which have since been grown out). I almost always wore my hair in a ponytail. And I wore glasses all the time.

Meet outfit: Blue jeans, tennis shoes (preferably black Converse shoes, my favorites since forever), a large T-shirt, and a turtleneck underneath the shirt.

Winter clothes: Probably my blue and yellow elementary school sweatshirt, or a denim jacket.

Accessories: Big glasses, a silver locket (just like Molly's), a secret journal, a flute and/or guitar, The Diary of Anne Frank (one of my favorite books at the time), a volleyball, tons of Beatles cassette tapes, a pink bike, etc. I did not own a Molly doll yet at 10, but I'd like to think that my doll would come with a mini-Molly. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Pet: I would have a shih tzu dog named Kelly. (Whom I owned very briefly in real life. [img]frown.gif[/img] )

Sleepwear: Flannel pajamas with a floral print.

School supplies and accessories: Jansport backpack, a large three-ring binder with lots of paper, Lisa Frank and Sanrio (especially Pochacco) pencils and folders, a solar-powered calculator, etc. I also remember carrying a soft blue and green lunchbag with hearts, and that I liked eating tuna sandwiches.

I think I would have had a best friend doll as well, as an addition to my collection. There was a girl I was very close to at that time.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 05, 2006 06:34 AM: Message edited by: thepidget ]</font>

fly-away

I would be a Nellie with no bangs and green eyes, wearing a blue peasant top and blue jeans with butterflies on them and white sneakers and my Christmas dress would be a red short sleeved long velvet dress with a butterfly pin and I would have black dress shoes. I would have a Samantha and Kit doll and I would have a purple winter coat and matching snow pants and boots aaaannnddd pink PJs with bunnies on them with a matching pair for my dolls. I would have a blue jean skirt and a short sleeved blue flowery shirt that matches it and..hm....a Japenese outfit thing to match the one an exhnage student gave me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She'd have a bunch of My Little Ponies, a Funshine Bear Care Bear, a Rainbow Brite doll, and some Strawberry Shortcake books.

Can you guess what decade my AG would be from? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been lurking for months, but couldn't resist posting on this fun topic. mine would be a cross between #1 and 15. she would be from 1994. her meet outfit would include a pair of dark jeans and a bright colored t-shirt and some white tennis shoes, kind of like the blue jean basics outfit. her hair would be in cute ponytails (like prasnld's girls) with hair accessories to match her clothes. her school outfit would be white blouse w/ plaid jumper, white socks, black shoes. her fav toys would be barbie. her bedroom theme would be "beauty and the beast"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast