Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello...My daughter will be 3.5 at Christmas, and I'm trying to get her to like Bitty, but she's very into Manhattan Toy's Baby Stella. She refers to Stella as the "soft" baby. I think she doesn't like the hard vinyl of Bitty (her older sister has one - who got hers at 4 yrs.) I worry about her growing out of Stella too fast and think that Bitty will have more play longevity. Does anyone out there have a Baby Stella or any experience with a 3 yr. old and liking/disliking of Bitty? THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our 4-year-old has both Stella & some Bittys. She still likes Stella, but plays more with her Bittys. Maybe it's an age thing.

Good luck!
    Rhonda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you should go w/ what your DD wants. If you get her Bitty it just won't be the same for her. If her heart is set on Stella, go for it. No, Stella may not have the same longevity in play value as a Bitty, but if your DD doesn't like or play w/ Bitty that theory goes right out the window. I have a feeling she will come around to Bitty as she get's a bit older...and the 18" dollies too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

P.S. Welcome to HB Lailim and Happy Mami [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My DD is three and has Bitty and a homemade version of Baby Stella. She loves both, but Bitty is definitely the favorite. She has gone through stages of playing more with her Stella-ish doll but she comes back to Bitty. They're such different dolls, I see nothing wrong with having both, but sometimes our kids just don't gravitate to the things we thought they would.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a toughie. But I think Baby Stella is adorable. Can't you get Baby Stella and her stuff and put it in Bitty's trunk? I remember as a little girl (two and three), my mom always tried to get me interested in Bitty Baby and it never flew. I wonder if BB is just too realistic for some kids, because I adored my premie Cabbage Patch doll. Since Baby Stella isn't as expensive I'd get her that and maybe you can get BB and put it away for a rainy day (or yourself!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone. I'm just in love with the pink trunk of Bitty's. My dd would love carrying it around. I'm sure I'll end up gettin her Bitty in end. *sigh* It's so hard to figure what's the best. Now I'm thinking maybe the twins for her. What it comes down to is that she loves "soft" things with hair. I do wish the twins had a storage trunk like Bitty....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Hi: You can use anything (including storage) of Bitty's for the Bitty Twins. I think the suitcase would make a great place to store the twins items, and if you travel than your daughter would have her own suitcase.

As far as which doll to buy, I remember when I was a kid getting the doll that I dreamed of for Christmas. I would have been crushed if I didn't get the right baby. So whichever doll your daughter wants = get that. You could let her look through the catalogs, point out all the nice clothes and try to get her to switch sides, but if she doesn't, she doesn't. It's her Christmas gift and unless there was a safety issue - get her what she wants.

Craftycarol [img]redface.gif[/img] )