Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to slim down my collection...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do I go about it? I have way too many dolls, but feel bad parting with any of them, yet cant bring them all to my new house! I would like to sell atleast 4-5 of them.. how do I even begin deciding? For those of you that have slimmed your collection, how did you do it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is what worked for me. First I sold the ones that I was least attached to. Then when I got down to my very favorite ones I considered the buyers. I thought about which of my dolls were more in demand and who wanted them and what kind of home would they be going to. It's much easier to sell your much loved dollies to fellow collectors. I sold my beloved Molly to another member and haven't regretted it. She's much happier now and gets a lot more attention in her new home. She was a WB and I was always afraid to play with her much because I didn't want to ruin her somehow. I believe that dollies were meant to be played with and not stored away in a closet. Anyhoo, that's what worked for me.

You could start by going down the wishlists on here and AGPT and see who wants the dolls you have to offer.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 01, 2006 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Princess Kailey ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm in the process of thinning out my collection. (see my for sale post) It's so hard to part with anything as it's all so adorable. However, I began with outfits I didn't use.

Next I went through everything and if I didn't have a bond to the outfit or doll then I put it in the sale pile. If I'm at all hesitant, it stays in the keep pile...I can always sell it later.

Dolls are the hardest for me to part with, (I can't give up any of my 3 PM Addys). Knowing that one of my dolls will go to a HB member makes it so much easier.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You could always send your Kailey to me [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm always in a process of slimming a collection-I have TOO many that I can't afford it all at once. So I sell off my least favorite or the ones that can bring in the most money. I sort things into three piles: yes, no, or maybe-and usually work from there.

-Jordyn

Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sympathize with you. I have 4 historical dolls dressed and ready to list, however I can't seem to part with them. They are all at least duplicates.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you have any duplicates? I would sell those first. Then I'd sell any I didn't feel as attached to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is my suggestion from when I considered selling some dolls - I made lists of all my "favorites" to see which dolls didn't make the list. For example, I listed my top three dolls in categories like Favorite Dolls to Take Pictures Of, Favorite Dolls to Cuddle With, Favorite Dolls to Dress, Favorite Dolls to Make Clothes For, etc. Then, if there is a doll or two that doesn't make any of the lists, I would seriously consider if I really need to keep her and why.

Granted, I have done this and all of my dolls ended up on at least one list, but maybe it'll work better for you. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All the advice given so far is good. I never thought that I would ever sell a doll, but I just sold four. All were duplicates -- parting with a doll that I only have one of would be a lot harder. As mentioned, consider selling the ones that you don't feel as close to. ALSO, quit buying dolls for a while! (Yeah, I see you on eBay buyin' dolls!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HEHE! Yeah that is coming to a halt! I want to get Nikki but not until I slim down what I have already! I will think about it over the rest of the week/weekend and hopefully have some decisions soon! [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks everyone! Also let me know if anyone is interested in any of my items I have posted! [img]smile.gif[/img]

horselvr2

I just slimmed down my collection, but all of these GREAT pics of the dolls I want...are tempting me to get them (MUAHAHA!) but I can't...I must resist...lol. I'd say get rid of the ones your least attatched too, and if you have duplicates, get rid of them too. Definatly sae your first dolls. (trust me, I didn't. [img]frown.gif[/img] )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast