Thread: My dolls might finally be getting a space of their own!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

A professional organizer came to visit me today, and next week she is going to help me big time with my apartment. What she told me sounds a lot like what they do on Mission Organization (dividing things into keep, trash, store, etc) except we're not going shopping for lots of new things. I'm getting help with paying for her so I don't have to worry about that, thank goodness.

Anyways, I told her I like my dolls and they're an important part of my tiny space, which is only 12ft by 16ft. I said that I even have some furniture (Kit's desk and chair and some other things) and I would really like to have a doll corner or doll area where things are set up, so I can actually reach them easily (especially if I want to do Pleasant Academy, but she doesn't know about that yet. [img]wink.gif[/img] ).

Anyways, she acknowledged what I want to do
    with my dolls and agreed with me (didn't think I should get rid of the dolls for more important things which is what I'm always afraid of). I think I might have a real shot to set up something cool with them! She's coming to spend 2 whole days here next week with me! When I pointed out my dolls she said "Oh you probably want to reach them so you can change their clothes and things!" I thought HOW COOL IS SHE? She understands (at least from what I know so far from our 1 1/2 hour meeting today).

I feel so bad that some of my dolls are more neglected than others collecting dust, mainly because I can't reach them and have nowhere to put them once I take them down.

When I opened the door to my apartment when she got here, a basket piled on top of a million things fell to the ground. That basket had the porcelin tea set I got for the dolls. It's the one in my beach album pictures with the ladybugs on it. I was upset, but luckily, only a few pieces broke and it's not an AG tea set, so it was only about a quarter of the cost. I got it at TJ Maxx.

I don't know if I'll get to work on the doll room next week (first we have to find the floor and the surface of my desk among other things), but I'm happy that she's cool with the dolls! I'm looking forward to this!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 03, 2006 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, Katie, that sounds so neat. I'd love to have professional organizer come and help me with my clutter. I'm way too sentimental and that seems to add to my problem.

I'm so glad that the lady respected your needs and is going to help you organize a space for your doll things.

I can't wait to see pictures of the space once she has helped you.

Good luck and keep us posted! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, Katie! That sounds like a blast. I love those "get organized" shows. Take pictures today, so we can see comparison shots!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's great news! I'm so glad the organizer understands you; even on TV, I can't stand when the organizer doesn't pay any attention to what the client wants! It sounds like she enjoys a challenge too...hopefully she'll make your apartment just wonderful, and hopefully you will share pictures so we can all drool and learn from your setup! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie, How are things going? Do you have any updates?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did you take before and after pictures ? hehe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

This sounds so interesting! I hope you get a good accessible display area for your dolls.
    Keep us posted with suggestions and plans for your organized apartment. Love to see pictures!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow!!! This sounds so neat!!!
    So good that she listened to what matters to you, and not to what "is right in the books"!
    I think it's a great idea to take before and after pics!
    Please, let us know how the process goes!
    Ana [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie,

Good luck with your organization project! I'm sure that your professional can help you find a marvelous way to give the dolls their own space and leave plenty for you too!

Sorry to hear about the tea set--at least it wasn't an AG collectible!

Keep us posted on your renovations!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Katie,
    I saw this post yesterday and wanted to reply but was just to busy, now today I had to go looking for it.

Just wondering if the Professional Organizer gave you any tips you could pass on to us??

Good luck with all the hard work you are doing and keep us updated on the progress. [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]