Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those of you with six or more dolls...

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have 12 18inch AG's that are all my own... What I normally do is change all their clothes at about the same time.... so each girl gets the same kind of primping time (as well as their hair). Then I'll take one down off the stand and tote her around the house with me, and let her stay in bed or on the night stand next to me at night. Nellie normally gets a bit more attention than anyone else... but I do do rounds. Normally its about a month with each doll..or at least a few weeks. Except when I'm sickie and Sam is my companion.

For example Nellie was my tote around doll in June/ Beginning of July... Sam is still down because I'm still not feeling super... but Addy is the doll of the month currently... probably next will be Emily once she arrives... but I imagine Molly might be down waiting for her when the time comes.

The key is to not let yourself always grab the same doll when you want to snuggle.

prasnlrd

I have...GASP!....28 morsels.****HUGE SIGH****I had 15 when I came to HB last July and it was so much easier.

I love all my dolls, but doing albums etc. has gotten overwhelming. Someone else mentioned that they have them in different rooms. That is good and really works. I did have them on display in groups with accessories etc., but that got too crowded even though they were spread out.

I have put all the scene accessories etc. away and only the dolls are out, but I plan to put them away on shelves in my W/I closet and rotate them out.

I kid alot, but I have really reached my saturation point with the amount of dolls I have. Not having enoungh space eventually works against you. JMHO [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by prasnlrd:
    ...I plan to put them away on shelves in my W/I closet and rotate them out.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WHAT!!! IN THE CLOSET?!!!

And you, the CEO of DPS?!!! Do I hear sirens in the distance? forums

Seriously, I know where you are coming from. It really is difficult to find places for a large number of dollies and to be able to play with them all. But I find that my large dollie family adjusts like my large "real-life" family did - they have each other to play with when Mom's time gets too full sometimes. I do have several displays set up around the house, and I always leave some of the girls visiting with each other on the shelves in my doll room. Then I rotate the changing of the displays, so I don't have all of the dolls to dress and do hair for with each one of the displays and albums.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 03, 2006 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

prasnlrd

Originally posted by Jeanette M.:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by prasnlrd:
    ...I plan to put them away on shelves in my W/I closet and rotate them out.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WHAT!!! IN THE CLOSET?!!!

And you, the CEO of DPS?!!! Do I hear sirens in the distance? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, I know where you are coming from. It really is difficult to find places for a large number of dollies and to be able to play with them all. But I find that my large dollie family adjusts like my large "real-life" family did - they have each other to play with when Mom's time gets too full sometimes. I do have several displays set up around the house, and I always leave some of the girls visiting with each other on the shelves in my doll room. Then I rotate the changing of the displays, so I don't have all of the dolls to dress and do hair for with each one of the displays and albums.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 03, 2006 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...Why did I know this was going to come up! HA! Let me clarify things....I do not have a doll room (and need and want one sooooo bad). My morsels that are not out will we on shelves with others in a very large well light W/I closet.

They will have their bikes, etc. there if they want to play with them. This is acceptable to DPS. As long as the dollies are out and not smothering in a box, it is ok. [img]wink.gif[/img] ...he-he-he...SO THERE! HA!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is such a great conversation! Although I have 4 dolls now, I've been wondering too how to divide my time amongst them especially since Emily, Josefina and several JLY dolls are very likely going to join the family here within the next year :-) This is great advice about not feeling guilty for having several (or in some cases quite a few!) dolls. I think rotating them may be the best idea... Katie

P.S. Prasnlrd, I have to admire you for going from 15 to 28 dolls in the past year! Wow!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...a very large well light W/I closet.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whew! Thank goodness! I thought "W/I closet" meant "windowless isolation" closet!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Cancel that call to DPS!! [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have about 65, 15 at home and 50 in the cottage where I stay during the week. They are all out in the open, standing around on shelves.

I say "Hi!" to them everyday and at least four of them get changed each week so that I can take one of them to work each day, Monday through Thursday. I will brush the hair on at least one of them each day. Having them standing around just smiling at me is hugely satisfying.

Taffy

Felicity_Fan85

I only have 4 18" AGs right now and a bitty. I'm getting Jess for Christmas and still want more dolls. I play with them all and right now they all sit on my bed becuase my ceiling is still not fixed. They all are in my big stop-frame doll movie and take turns being in small stop-frame movies. Sometimes I bring one or two downstairs and they watch a movie with me. Also I read to them over the summer I picked 4 dates- one for each 18" girl to "lead" where we did a craft or something from her time and watched a movie that she picked.

It's going to be hard though because I'm only brining Kirsten with me to college this year (so I have room if I find a good deal on ebay or something). I know my mom is going to watch my other girls and Kirsten and I will write to them so much and we'll see them in December.

They also have each other to play with. A couple days ago they played uno and dolls and Sam slept over (she's my mom's and lives in her room-just diagnal from my room).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12