Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target Dollar Shop CRAZY! (not OT)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I went nuts at Target today getting all these cool mini school supplies for the dolls. Most were $1, the rest were $1.49. They had mini coloring books with crayons, mini scrapbook sets, even mini paint sets! I also got some mini composition books, mini colored pencils, mini scissors, and mini supply kits with a tiny stapler and scotch tape.

I also got them mini lunchboxes! They had 2 kinds-the plain ones in solid colors were empty and a bit big IMO. The others were smaller with a candy advertisement on the sides and came with candy, so I got the smaller ones. All $1 each. I'll probably just throw out the candy.

I even got a mini globe for $2.50-great for the teacher's desk! I also bought a little package of play money. Although it's a little big for the dolls, they're smaller than real money, and I might be able to scan and reduce the bills.

I want to eventually set up Pleasant Academy where all the dolls would go to school together. But I still need uniforms for all the dolls. I have a number of doll school uniforms but they're all different.

Unfortunately, my digital camera is broken and I'll probably have to send it to Kodak and wait a month or so for them to send me a new one, since it's only 3 months old and just won't work. So I can't take pics unless I use a disposable and get the pics put on a CD at Sam's Club or Target or something.

I know that someone mentioned going to Target and seeing all this stuff. They have things both in the dollar section in the fron of the store AND in the seasonal back to school section, where they have a number of mini items.

Eventually I want to make a back-to-school shopping album with the dolls since I have a doll-size shopping cart, but again my camera isn't working so for now I can't do any albums at all. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ July 31, 2006 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 31, 2006 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, it sounds like you got some COOL stuff! Thanks for telling us about it. I might have to check out my Target tomorrow. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    I like your Pleasant Academy idea too. School uniforms for all of the dolls would be so cute. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep. I've gone pretty Target dollar aisle crazy too. The stuff is darling!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want to add that they had a lot of different mini craft sets, but I chose not to get the ones that have things like beads and glitter and things because I knew they would spill and get all over the place.

Also, I did not get the mini markers and highlighters I saw because I knew they might also get all over everything. I thought about opening all the caps and leaving them to dry out on purpose. But I got other writing utensils like mini colored pencils, crayons and gel pens. The stuff is supposed to be for people but I can't see how a person could use such small tools!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie,
    I just purchased 2 molly jumpers and blouses that I will really, really try to put away for Christmas but I thought those would make cute uniforms. My dd has 3 Molly desks thanks to MCM so I thought the 3rd girl could just wear her brownie uniform which we were allowed to do in Catholic school plus we were allowed to wear whatever shoes we wanted so footwear shouldn't be a problem. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Alicia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ams37-

Actually many sites sell doll-sized school uniforms for close to the same amount as Molly's which is $22. One site has them for $24, and it comes with a plaid jumper of my choice, a white shirt and matching hairbow. Another one has the same ones for $25. The one that is $24 has a plaid I really like a lot. I won't be able to order all the uniforms at once(too expensive) but I can order a few at a time each month.

I definitely can't afford to buy desks for all the dolls. I have Kit's rolltop which can be for the teacher and 2 non-AG desks that look like Samantha's. I may get Addy's double desks which would only be $35 a doll(the desk is $70) or use tables and chairs for multiple dolls. I don't have much space for very much stuff.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 31, 2006 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw some sites like that and they are very cute. There's also a uniform shop not far from my house and they also have doll sized ones which was going to be an option for me but I was able to get both Molly dresses and blouses for $20 so I went that route instead. Plus being in the suburbs and not a private school my daughter doesn't really get uniforms. She can't beleive they would have to wear the same thing everyday, how boring she told me-how easy was my thought!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie,

You sound just like me! I've spent more on AG sized Back to School items at Target than I have on the full size items for my kids!

My favorite item is the pack of scissors from the Back to School section. I was lucky enough to get a pack and now I've noticed that they are all gone. We also bought the pens on chains, the colored pencil sets, and the pop a point type pencils even though they seem a little large. In the Dollar Spot section I bought the paint sets and the coloring book pad and crayons set and the mini stapler and tape dispenser sets.

At our Walgreens I found marbled composition books that are 3 x 5 inches. They are on sale again this week--6 for $1.00.

I've been meaning to take some pictures to post so everyone can see how cute all of the mini Back to School items are.

I love your idea about the Back to School shopping album with the AG sized shopping cart. That would be adorable!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Someone on eBay has sets of AG sized money that they are selling for a really inflated price. They have Euro bills & Dollar bills for $3.99, and a set with a passport, a map, and some dollars for $8.99. In actuality, they are all Jolee's By You sets that only cost 99 cents at the craft or scrapbooking store!!! You can also get them on ebay in the scapbooking category. I have some I had bought for scrapbooking my trip to France and London, but they may end up in the doll stuff!

emsmombuysdolls

WoW! I am heading to Target tomorrow. I LOVE the idea of Pleasant Academy! DD really wants all the school desks and stuff for her historicals so it would be kind of cool to make a sign and stuff. I love the idea of uniforms. They could all be navy and white but the STYLE of the uniform would be from each time period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast