Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I received my order yesterday. DD absolutely loved the hair DVD. It was so sweet to watch her hold Alexis and fix her hair in the styles they were teaching. I liked the DVD too. The only thing I didn't like is that they didn't include instructions on how to do Josefina's basket weave braid or the ribbon wrap braid they showed on Nellie. Does anyone here know how to do these styles???

The club outfit is super cute. It looks great on Lindsey. The shoes are to die for! DD loved these the best. The purse is adorable as well. It looks really good paired with the lilac glasses. The hoddie zips all the way up in the back. I have never seen a shirt done this way. It was pretty neat. DD was impressed by that too! I am so glad I got the outfit before it was gone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't watched the DVD yet, but is the basketweave braid the same as a fish scale braid? I remember these from the 80s preppie days. They are very similar to a french braid, but done with four sections of hair rather than three. I was never very good at it so I can't give you any pointers. I think you could do it as a regular braid and with four sections as well. It looks cool but I think it takes some practice.

Again, I haven't watched, but you can easily add ribbons into braids. Take a long piece of ribbon, fold it in half and lay it across the hair you are braiding so one end of the ribbon is in one section of hair and the other in another. Then braid. When you are good at it, you can do multiple ribbons and twist them so they are always on the outside edge of the section of hair so they show a lot in the braid (did that make any sense at all?). You can also tie a long piece of ribbon at the top of a braid and criss cross it (on the front and on the back) all the way down to wrap the braid in a ribbon.

I don't know if any of that was at all helpful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the tips. They helped tremendously!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got the Club hoodie set and thought it was super cute too! Very different with the back zipper. The shoes are so sweet and of course it took DD to show me that the red thing was a hair ribbon not a sash! [img]redface.gif[/img] Leave it to a kid--even though she's 16 she's still a kid who knows what to do with stuff, lol. I have this outfit on my Kit with the longer hair and it looks absolutely adorable! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]