Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmm...an AG gift for my flower girl...?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I think it's a great gift, but it is probably a good idea to ask if her parents think it's appropriate. It would probably also be okay to spend a little more on her gift than on those for your bridesmaids/groomsmen since she is a child.

If you go for a doll outfit from AG, Samantha's Bridesmaid Dress and Accessories sound like a good idea. The Gala Party Outfit also seems to fit the occasion.

If she already has her own doll and/or if you want to get really ambitious, I'll bet you could have a copy made of your flower girl's dress or of your bridesmaids' dresses. Making a dress similar to the flower girl's shouldn't be any more difficult than making a dress from an existing pattern, and it would be so adorable for the flower girl to be able to have her doll at the reception in a cute matching dress. Plus, little girls love the whole matching outfit thing and it would be a unique remembrance of the wedding for her that she could keep well after she's outgrown her own dress. Oh, and it would make for an adorable photo.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by jerseycow6:
    If she already has her own doll and/or if you want to get really ambitious, I'll bet you could have a copy made of your flower girl's dress or of your bridesmaids' dresses. Making a dress similar to the flower girl's shouldn't be any more difficult than making a dress from an existing pattern, and it would be so adorable for the flower girl to be able to have her doll at the reception in a cute matching dress. Plus, little girls love the whole matching outfit thing and it would be a unique remembrance of the wedding for her that she could keep well after she's outgrown her own dress. Oh, and it would make for an adorable photo.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ooooh, I sooooo concur. Matching dresses for a special occasion like this will be remembered long after the wedding is a forgotten memory. It will be sooooo special.

Taffy (who loves matching outfits in spades...)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also second the doll with an outfit to match the flower girl dress - what a perfect gift! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MollyGirl's post about the sweet 7-year-old girl starting to love AG dolls suddenly got me thinking...I wonder if a doll would be a good gift for my flower girl! She is 8 years old. I think I am going to ask her mom if she likes dolls, and if she has ever read any of the books, or if she has one of the dolls already.

Do you think this is in an okay price range though? If $80-something is way too expensive for a flower girl gift, then I don't want to make her parents feel akward. If she already has a doll, maybe I'll give her a couple of outfits she doesn't already have.

Any advice is appreciated! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dancing_Queen:
    I like the matching dress idea. If she does not have a doll, then I think it is appropriate to buy her one. I don't think anyone will complain an eight year old got more than them and if they do they have a problem. [img]confused.gif[/img] lol
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A cardinal rule of wedding etiquette is that only the flowergirl is permitted to outdress the bride as she is presumed to not be competing with the bride for the groom's attention. Thus giving her a gift such as a doll would not be inappropriate...

Taffy

Inactive Member mominindianapolis's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If someone wanted to give my dd an AG flower girl "gift" I would be thrilled. Of course I know that some people want to give their dd's dolls themselves, etc. so it is very thoughtful to ask first. What a lovely idea!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooooh, what a great idea!! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Now I'm really hoping she already has a doll [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the advice!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it is a wonderful idea. Since you only have one flowergirl, giving her a doll (if she does not have on) is a very sweet and thougthful gift. I am guessing that you love this child or would not want her in your wedding, so if sharing your love for Ag with this sweet child will bring both of you much joy, then do it.

My daughter is giving her flowergirls pink shoes and a basket covered in roses. Maybe I will slip in an AG item. I know one of the girls has Kelsey (#26).

We have to pass the joy.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the matching dress idea. If she does not have a doll, then I think it is appropriate to buy her one. I don't think anyone will complain an eight year old got more than them and if they do they have a problem. [img]confused.gif[/img] lol

Junior Hostboard Member michalshawn's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hmm...an AG gift for my flower girl...?

Quote Originally Posted by jerseycow6 View Post
    I think it's a great gift, but it is probably a good idea to ask if her parents think it's appropriate. It would probably also be okay to spend a little more on her gift than on those for your bridesmaids/groomsmen since she is a child.

If you go for a doll outfit from AG, Samantha's Bridesmaid Dress and Accessories sound like a good idea. The Gala Party Outfit also seems to fit the occasion.

Listen, If you want to give gift to a girl then I will recommend you to give her a Lip Gloss Gift Sets for Teenagers. She will use it and it will be good gift from your side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast