Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam, Kit and Molly's Beach Stuff...will it retire soon?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Im not too concerened with Molly's, but as I plan on getting Sam and Kit eventually I want to know how long everyone thinks these small collections will be around. Even though I'm not getting the dolls anytime soon, I obviously would like to scoop up any part of their collection that might be retired in the next year or so. Just curious if anyone had heard any rumors or had an idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those outfits are pretty new. It seems as though the Historical outfits don't retire nearly as often as AGT, so I would think they'd be around a while longer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit's and Samantha's outfits were at the Oshkosh Outlet. Samantha's was cheaper than the original price ($19.00), Kit's was the original price ($24.00).

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 18, 2006 01:25 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw the Sam and Kit outfits at the outlet the week before Mel. I agree that they may be on the outs. If you look in the most recent catalogue, on page 48, they feature "Three Ways to spend Sunny Days."

On this page, Kit is wearing the Reds fan Outfit, NOT her swimsuit. Kirsten is pictured instead of Sam, and Molly is there in her swimsuit. This lends credence to the popularity of the Molly's swimsuit.

Personally, I think Molly's suit is the best of the three. It is absolutely darling and timeless- a girl of Today could wear it as a sun dress. The other two, are frankly, not too cute. Kit's would have been so much better if she didn't look like a hotdog in it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uh-oh- guess I should buy Sam's while it's on sale this month.

I agree, Molly's is by far the best. Jess was really cute in it when I dressed her up last month (cuter than Molly in it, but don't tell Molly!).

I like Kit's OK- love the shoes- but it's better without the sunglasses and swim cap (which, annoyingly enough, doesn't cover her hair anyway). Without them, it looks all right to me- with them, she looks like an insect. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I noticed when I went to AGPC at the beginning of the month that Molly's Swimsuit was nowhere to be seen. Though that could also mean that it was on backorder. I'm pretty sure they take done displays of stuff that you can't buy in store...

Though I did notice something that hasn't been available for awhile in the display, and wouldn't you know it I can't remember for the life of me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually like Kit's and Samantha's swimsuits. Neither is flattering, but both scream history, especially Sam's. Molly's is beautiful, but I like it less precisely because an AGoT can wear it.

As for retirement, maybe...just because something goes on Monthly Special (like Samantha's swimsuit) doesn't mean that it'll retire. But it doesn't help either!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you! Placed my order.

felicitygirl1774

Good thing you got them. Like everyone else said, they might be on their way out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What about when things show up at the outlet? Isn't that a good indication they are on their way out?

Speaking of, I've seen several eBay listings for Sam's Cape and Gaiters that list it as retired and it's at the outlet. Anyone know what's up with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast