Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is a heartwarming story!!! I am so glad this precious girl got her wish!!!

AGPC & Make A Wish

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 01, 2006 04:51 PM: Message edited by: chrstnwmn7 ]</font>

emsmombuysdolls

I'm so glad that she got to go to Chicago. I hope AG gave her tons of stuff.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so cute

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Make A Wish Foundation is the BEST. I only have wonderful things to say about them. AGP was our second wish, but since my son who also has been through so much would not enjoy that, we chose to go to Walt Disney World. We leave for our trip on October 2-7. I am so excited and my daughter, Brooke can not wait to have her wish granted. She has been through SO much, almost died 4 times, and now is in remission (she has an auto-immune disorder, multiple life threatening infections, liver failure, heart problems, and respiratory failure in her 3 years. Right now she has to have blood work done every 2-3 weeks, will need eye surgery after her trip, acts like a kid with ADHD (but it is from her disease), and already had her thyroid removed because she has Grave's disease too (which NEVER affects kids-she was dx after turning 2). I will be sure to post lots of pictures and plan to take a doll or two with me of our Make A Wish trip. I can never thank them enough for the wish they have granted her. Our whole family gets to go and be free for her illness (except her meds) for a week. They provide EVERYTHING!! It is GREAT!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

kbrzez--I hope your family has a wonderful trip to Disney World! Brooke sounds like a remarkable little girl!

Blessings,
    Amy

thepidget

Wonderful story. I am happy that the little girl got her wish! Thank you for posting the link. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've always wondered what I would pick if I was to Make-A-Wish. It's hovered between the following:
    -Meet J.K. Rowling/cast of Harry Potter movies
    -Meet Kevin Clash, who plays ELMO on Sesame Street
    -Go "behind the scenes" of an AG Development Room (tee-hee)
    Thanks for the link.

Edit: Kbrzez, give Brooke my good wishes and prayers. I hope you all have a fun time during your wish vacation. I too have gone through a lot and... don't have a thyroid either!! You will throughly enjoy yourselves at Disney.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 01, 2006 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much for all the wishes! Brooke is very excited! Only 2 months from tomorrow.