Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I must have missed something. What's this for?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Me too

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We decided to start a project to help a little girl and her sister. MuppetqQuilter is the one who knows them.

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter

I know a little girl who could benefit from this. She is four. Here's the story:

6 months after being diagnosed with cerebal palsy she was diagnosed with a rate form of bone cancer in her jaw. She was three, her sister was an infant. 6 months of radaition and chemo. Insurance maxed out and refused to pay. Finding new insurance was a challenge. Huge deductibles. The family basically lived in the hospital. Just after her 4th birthday she completed treatment. Everything looked great. Her hair started growing back, slowly. She started to be able to eat again. It's clear there are side effects from the radiation-- including multiple surgeris because her jaw probably won't grow right.

Anyway, they just had some routine scans done and it does not look good. They have to wait for a panel of doctors to meet and study the results. It is pretty scary.

I read about them last fall and the article said they needed some help with an almost finished renovation project-- they were converting their garage into a playroom when they got the initial diagnosis. So I painted their new playroom (blue walls with two trees, bunnies, cat, ducks, butterflies and dragonflies) and took them groceries and such. Every time I was at their house they were asking what they could do for me!

Anyway, I bet this little girl would love a special doll. Either the brunette Bitty Twin girls (for her and her sister) or #16 because they look the most like her. I suggest the twins because her sister has spent a huge amount of time at the hospital or with friends or relatives-- the whole family is so effected by something like this.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So we're putting together a Bitty Twins gift basket for them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

We have already got the money for the twins themseleves and two hair care kits, but we need outfits for them.

Edited for spelling and to add that we'll probably buy them mostly BB outfits, because they're generally cuter than those made for BT.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 16, 2006 01:31 PM: Message edited by: randomAGchic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I must have missed the original post. I've already got a package ready to mail to Muppetquilter of a couple of items she purchased from me. I've just put in several items for the Bitty Twins gift basket and will be mailing them out today! - Meg B.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

*hugs*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what size is she?

Ive got an adorbable butterfly girl/doll set that I bought, they we have never opened. Dd doesn't need anymore clothes sooo...

If it would fit, Id be happy to send it. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That would be fantastic! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Annika will have to tell us about size, though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

We have the twins and two hair care kits (or, at least the money for them), but we still need money for the outfits.

If anyone has anything to donate for auction to help buy outfits, please let me know! This can include doll outfits, accessories, or anything else in that genre. (including OOAK items) Or, if you have something you thing would get a nice price that you'd be willing to donate, that would work nicely, too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you would like to make a monetary contribution, let me know! You can send me a check, money order, or use Paypal. (We haven't verified, however, so we can't recieve certain types of transactions.)

If you would like to help by purchasing an outfit, let me know! It can be sent directly to MuppetQuilter.

Any way you can help would be greatly appreciated! [img]smile.gif[/img] Just PM me.

Lindsey

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 16, 2006 12:47 PM: Message edited by: randomAGchic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rebekah is small for her age-- I would guess a 3T or 4T. Sarah just turned two, so she's smaller. They love to dress up so that would be an amazing addition to the gift baskets!

If anyone needs me address to send stuff, just PM me.

Thanks so much everyone! I can't wait to take the gift baskets to the girls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One thing Lindsey failed to mention-- this was all her idea! She came up with the idea of starting a charity to give dolls to girls in need of some comfort. She is calling it Doll Hugs. Other responsibilities have delayed the official start of the charity for the time being, but we are going ahead with this one project as we knew these girls could use a special friend to snuggle. But all the credit for this goes to Lindsey-- it was her idea and it is her hard work and dedication that is making it happen.

Just wanted to be sure everyone knows that! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast