Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

My mom happened to have a three day weekend scheduled, so when we learned that it was the same time as the Oshkosh Sale we figured it was a sign we had to go. [img]wink.gif[/img] I picked her up after work on Thursday (she works evenings at a hospital, so I was picking her up around midnight) and we drove all night to Oshkosh. It was a pretty easy drive and we arrived in time to find the place and get a hotel room and still have some time before the sale opened.

We both went a bit crazy with getting things and ended up spending much more than what we had originally planned at the sale, but it was fun and we are very happy with everything we got. Then we went next door to the Outlet Store and were just going to look (since we don't usually get the opportunity to see the items in person) but ended up picking up several things there too (well, we did have that discount from having spent so much at the sale and we couldn't just let that go to waste [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] ). They had the AGP sweatshirts on sale and we noticed they looked huge, so we tried them on and were surprised to find them baggy on us. So we got matching red ones and I also got a black one and we got red ones for our dolls. Those sweatshirts really came in handy on the trip as it was a bit chilly for us and we hadn't packed any jackets or long sleeved shirts.

Alannah and Windy each brought a friend (Maddie and Zipporah) along on the trip and on the way home we took a detour to Pepin to see Laura Ingalls Wilders' birthsite. I got each of my girls a souvenir from there and some postcards of the places we saw there (I had forgotten my camera. [img]frown.gif[/img] But I did remember the camera batteries, lol!). And my mom got Windy a souvenir as well.

Here's a picture of the girls with their souvenirs and in front of the bags from the sale:

06triploot

I'm going to have the girls write about the trip on their website, but it'll have to wait until later today probably.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a blast. I'm all in favor of spontaneous spending!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you had a great time, you'll have to tell us what goodies you got.

thepidget

I now have two reasons to visit Wisconsin:

- The AG Outlet store in Oshkosh
    - Laura Ingalls Wilder's birthplace in Pepin

If you count all the cheese stores in Wisconsin, that could be reason number three. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like fun! Please do tell us what you got. I have to keep telling myself I really won't save any money if I have to travel 20 hours to get to a sale - LOL. I am a sucker for a sale though!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh please tell us what you got!
    I'm trying to convince my grandparents they need to drive us up to WI sometime! (They live in Chicago.) They are probably fearing for their credit card's life, though.

Inactive Member oneshoppinggirl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea for YOU!!! It sounds FUN!!! I am so glad that you get to share your hobby with your mother!

Kimberly