Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Before I had read about the club closing which makes me so very sad, I was very excited to share what I saw at Barnes and Noble today. We went to pick up some more Summer Reading club forms and decided to check out what some of the free books (you get as a reward) are and there on the display was A Josefina Mystery book! Obviously this will be one of the books we choose. I'm just hoping they don't run out!!

thepidget

What exactly is the B&N Summer Reading Club? Can anyone sign up? How much do they charge?

Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually you need to read 8 books this year and you can only do it twice which was the case last year. You need to be in grades 1-6 and in addition to the book and author you write down your favorite part of the book. This year you will also be entered to win a signed copy of the next "Series of Unfortunate Events" book. The theme seems to be along those lines this year since there is a message from Lemony on the form.
    Kristin

thepidget

Thanks for the info. I don't think I would be able to get away with pretending that I'm in grades 1-6. LOL. I'm short and look very young for my age (22), so the best I could do is pretend to be 16. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 12, 2006 05:31 PM: Message edited by: thepidget ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When my 2 sons were younger our public library use to do this. They did it every summer for a long time. What I liked about it was if your child was to young to read you could read to them and they still got prizes for it. I'll have to check our library and see if they're doing it this summer DD loves to be read to.