Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super AG yard sale finds & a Funny story!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Ya'll!!!
    I'm back! I haven't had time to get on the board lately everything around here has been soooo busy! I can't belive how MUCH I've missed. WHEW! I never realized how many posts there are in a days time much less a week or more.

Anyway, we just got back in town, but over the weekend my mother (ladylindal) went to some yard sales. At one she noticed Addy's rope bed on a table and scarfed it right up. She then went to the lady having the yard sale and asked if they had any more AG stuff. Well the lady told her that that was all she had except for a doll that was in pretty bad shape. Mama asked her which doll was it and she told her Molly. Well, Mama told her that she would like to see her if she really wanted to sell her. The lady went to get her and brought her out of the house. Molly was wearing a homemade dress and panties, her hair was a major mess, her body was dirty and one of her arms was unattached. Mama asked her how much she wanted for her and they said they had no idea. Finally they asked her if she thought
    $5.00 would be too much? Needless to say Mama (calmly) told them that she'd take a chance that she MIGHT could fix her up for that. I wasn't there, but I imagine she paid the $8.00 for Molly and for Addy's bed and ran to the car before they could change their minds! LOL

Her is the picture of Molly so far. She has been cleaned up by Mom and DD and we are getting ready to start on her hair and reattaching her arm. I'll post pictures soon.

A funny note: DD was staying with my parents this weekend and they called the cell phone to tell me about their awesome yard sale find. We missed the call and DH listened to the message which said, "Call me back as soon as possible, I have something important to tell you." He said, "I'll bet they found an American Girl doll."
    Well, I called them and got the whole scoop. Of course, they were tickled at their morning finds. I got off the phone and told him, "You were right they got a PM Molly that's arm has come off and they said her hair is in really bad shape."
    DH didn't blink and eye and said....
    "Downy Dunk!"
    I just about rolled on the floor!!!!!! I guess they listen sometimes when we don't think they are!! LOL

Just thought I'd share!!!

I've missed ya'll! I'm glad to be back!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2104071112

monimarine

That's great! Too funny that he knew right away to suggest a Downy dunk! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She'll be as good as new after she's been treated by you. What great finds.
    Enjoy them!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love how your husband knew what to do right away! LOL! What an exciting find for you and your mom and daughter.
    Your daughter will also learn the importance of taking care of the dolls... lol, something I definitely didn't learn until I was older.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great Finds! I can't wait to see Molly restored. Welcome back to the board. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

Congratulations on Molly. I love those eyes on Molly! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    Mom and daughter need to go into business of restoring and selling these great AG finds! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Between the two of you there is a lot of AG knowledge which could benefit AG buyers.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

thepidget

Haha, I'm impressed that your DH knows what a Downy Dunk is. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Good luck taking care of your Molly. I love Mollies so I want all of them to find loving homes! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a great deal and a great story. My dh is coming around too. He loves garage sales and the last time he went, the first thing he looked for was things for the dolls. He even says "Hi girls" when he comes home from work and passes my dolls. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She's beautiful...congratulations on the find!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! I was expecting to see a doll in much worse shape than that. I'm sure being dirty made her look a lot worse but what a deal! She'll be good as news once her hair is dunked and combed out. I'm sure your DD will enjoy her!

My husband is learning a lot about AG, too. They're so cute when they say things like 'downy dunk' [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast