Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My DD and I just finished reading Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. We really enjoyed both books and are thinking about bidding on the rest of the series in a book lot. Is the rest of the series as good as the first 2 books? Also, is anyone familiar with these books by the same author?

Emily Of New Moon

Emily Climbs

Along The Shore

Among The Shadows

PS - How is Avonlea pronounced? Is it Avon Lee?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The rest of the series is also wonderful!!! Get it! I can't say I'm familiar with those others, though. But I love the whole Anne series.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, Jersey!
    By the way, I really like your new sig pic. It's just the right size, too. Cute!!!!! [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

*AG Star*

I love Anne of Green Gables! I even dress Felicity as Anne sometimes. The way I pronounce it is "ah-vun-lee", but I can't remember how it is pronounced in the movies.

The rest of the series is really good, too. Besides the first two, I've only read Anne of the Island, Anne's House of Dreams, and Anne of Ingleside, but I love them all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've read all of them and enjoyed all of them. I LOVED the Emily books - perhaps even more than Anne, although I do love Anne. There are very few of LM Montgomery's books that are not a good read. Enjoy them!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks! I won the lot. Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/L-M-Montgomery-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Are there only 2 Emily books?

Now, I just need the Anne of Rainbow Valley book, and we will have the complete series.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 25, 2006 08:25 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

JenniferRobin

Ditto on Emily books being just as good as Anne. All 8 of Anne series are outstanding, and the Pat of Silverbush ones are excellent too. And Avonlea is pronounced in the movies as Av-(short a sound like in have)un-lee and Av-on-lee depending on the character's diction. There's a whole world of Avonlea out there to be discovered!

JenniferRobin

Three Emilys, Emily of New Moon, Emily Climbs, and Emily's Quest. There are two Pats, Pat of Silverbush, and Mistress Pat.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 25, 2006 08:26 PM: Message edited by: JenniferRobin ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This lot will keep us busy for awhile, and then I can look for the missing Anne of Rainbow Valley and Emily Quest book. I was looking for these in our library and surprisingly could not find this series. I was also looking for the DVD series and couldn't find it for rent locally. When I looked to see how much it was to buy the DVD set, I was surprised at how expensive it was! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personally, as much as I LOVED the Anne series-and trust me, I did. I can't read those books without shedding a tear-I have a HUGE soft spot for the Emily series.

For some reason, I don't like my book characters to grow up...so well, I love Anne of Green Gables and Emily of New Moon, because well-they are still a kid. *grins* It took me about 8 years to read the second half of "Little Women" because I hated the fact that they were kids anymore!

But I always identified more with Emily-she is a writer and a dreamer, like how I was when I was a kid. [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Jordyn

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast