Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the two original films (they were actually mini series since they are each about 4 hours long) on DVD and I love them!!! I drooled over them when they were on VHS, and when they finally came out on DVD I had to have them. I even took them to France with me and watched them both at least twice! They are definitely worth the price, and I've already gotten my money's worth!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe the expensive DVD set would make a nice Christmas present. [img]wink.gif[/img]

It is funny how this series that was written so long ago can be so enjoyable now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AH von lee is how you say it. Wait on the DVDs, Kevin Sullivan is working on a repackaging with more extras. Rent them from the library instead! You can learn more at http://www.anne3.com and sullivanent.com
    I will post more links when I get a chance. I used to have a ton. I also have a Yahoo group called AnnesMarbleHall which NO ONE ever posts in. If any of you would like to join me there, go ahad. Choose an Anne related name and join in the discussion. I'm Anne-Cornelia and my co-moderator is Star (as in Emily Starr).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anne and Emily are great books! Also Magic for Marigold... L. M. Montgomery is so cool!

Did you know you can get the Emily books free online? And some of the Anne books.

For Anne go to http://www.gutenberg.org and type in L. M. Montgomery under author.

For Emily, you have to go to the Australian version of Gutenberg. Here are the last 2 books of the Emily series...

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0300151h.html

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks03/0300161h.html

For other L. M. Montgomery books go here: (Including Marigold, and the Pat books) http://gutenberg.net.au/plusfifty.html

and scroll down.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another Anne fan here (ah Kindered spirits, so nice to find some, even on line.)

Emily books are good too, my friend likes that series better actually. I had to fly through them because I had this need to know that Emily ended up with Teddy. I think I read them all in a weekend. I didn't get much sleep.

Still partial to Anne though myself. I loved all the books as she grew up, but then again I read those as an adult, so your DD might be more interested as she grows up too. The great thing about L.M.M. is once you start reading, there sooooooooo many more to read. It is like an never ending supply. Got to love that. I personally like Rilla.

I love the Sullivan movies, thanks so much to the link, I am going to explore that. I have them on VHS, but those would be good to get on DVD because those are ones I want forever. I know they are very different then the books, but they keep so much with the same spirit of them that I feel they are just alternatives and both are great. I just LOVE Megan Follows Porter. LOVE her. I enjoyed the 3rd series during the war, but they really departed from the books then. Still it was interesting and enjoyable, but not as good as the 1st 2.

I can't wait until my DD's are old enough to enjoy them.

Of all the things near and dear to my heart, this is one of them.

Felicity_Fan85

I love the Emily series best! I think they're interesting, especially the relationship between Emily and her strict Aunt Elizabeth. There are actually 3 books to that series: Emily of New Moon, Emily Climbs and Emily's Quest. It also had a t.v. series that aired in Canada (Somehow my old satelite got one of the channels that played it so I got to watch the first season), but I haven't seen it on DVD and I read that midway the series wasn't very good because it stopped following the books. I still like it though. It also used to play on Wam but I don't know if it still does because I don't get that channel.

I also love all 8 of the Anne books! Both my mom and I have our copies (I love L.M. Montgomery's books). I also like the movies that disney did, though the 3rd one didn't stay true to the book. The first 2 are great though!

Currently I'm reading Mistress Pat, which is the sequel to Pat of Silverbush. They're both good.

I've read Along the shore which I also like. And I plan on reading Among the Shadows soon.

Avonlea is pronounced with a short A then von-lee.

I also suggest the Road To Avonlea/Tales from Avonlea series. They're based on some of L.M. Mongomery's characters.

Hope this helps!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooh, I forgot about The Story Girl and The GOlden Road. They're set in Avonlea, too. The TV series "Tales from Avonlea" is based on those books. (But the series is totally different.) These stories chronicle Sara Stanley, a rich heiress who comes to live with her mother's family in Avonlea. Great stories. Of course, all L. M. Montgomery series are great. Have you read Jane of Lantern Hill? That's a great book, too.

Felicity_Fan85

I don't have Jane of Lantern Hill. Or The story Girl- every time I go to a bookstore, all they have I already own. So I think I'm going to have to order them online. I love Magic For Marigold too.

I also am in a yahoo group for Emily of New moon fans though no one ever goes there much. http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/EmilyOfNewMoon/

I think it is kind of funny that I used to watch Road to Avonle on Disney when I was little and then it was on the Odyssy channel a few years ago (now the Halmark Channel). And the only character I remembered the most was Aunt Hetty!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Check those links I posted, they might have Jane or The Story Girl... [img]smile.gif[/img] Just checked...the US one has The Story Girl (and sequel) and the Australian version has Jane of Lantern Hill. Cool.

Great books, all of them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 25, 2006 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the great links and the correct pronounciation of Avonlea. It was bugging DD and me to know that we were probably saying it wrong. I see we have a lot of kindred spirits on this board. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast