Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

So lately my 2 1/2 year old son has been asking "Where my wittle boy doll for me?" [img]eek.gif[/img]

We looked at the Bitty twins online today and he was just so excited. Now, the twins have never called to me. And DD is adamant that she does NOT want another toddler in the house even if it is a doll, LOL. So getting the boy-girl twins is not an option, because she just won't play with the girl. I really don't want two boys, although it is tempting to switch their wigs to get a blondish/brown-eyed boy like my son.

But truth is, I'm thinking of getting a boy Bitty twin for DS if I can find the right one. I've not paid any attention to the twins since they aren't our thing, so I have a couple of questions:

1. Any such thing as a sandy-haired, brown eyed Bitty boy? Okay, I know the answer. [img]frown.gif[/img] On to Plan B....

2. Anyone ever rewig a boy Bitty twin? I'm confident in my skills at doing so, but am curious as to how funky it might look if I rewig a brown hair/eyed twin with a light brown/sandy wig (so it will look like DS). Photos appreciated if anyone has done this!

3. Are the new and retired twins the same size?

4. Anyone have a brown-eyed, Caucasian "wittle boy doll" for sale? [img]biggrin.gif[/img] There are some on EBAY that I'm following, but I thought I'd ask here...

Thanks!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 28, 2006 04:14 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just wanted to say I love the idea of a boy for you DS. My nephew has one. His name is Jack and he is always getting into trouble or atleast getting blamed for things [img]wink.gif[/img] . I've seen some Bitty Babies who were wigged so I don't see a problem with rewigging a twin. Keep us posted.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I were in your position, I would order both twin boys, let my son choose the one he wants, and keep the other for myself. The boys are absolutely adorable and I think you could have a lot of fun playing with your son with your doll and you would have a doll that you could loan to anyone else that wanted to play with him. This way his special doll, can really be his very own that he doesn't have to share. I know my own son became very attached to a stuffed dog when he was little and at the age of 14, that ratty dog is still his most prized possession. When other children came to play, he was naturally reluctant to let them have his special friend so we made sure there were similar toys that he could share.
    Just my two cents. [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 28, 2006 09:00 PM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MaryCarly:
    If I were in your position, I would order both twin boys, let my son choose the one he wants, and keep the other for myself.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eek, don't tell me that! I'm still feeling guilty about buying Kirsten for myself! [img]redface.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] If I buy both boys, I'd still have to switch their wigs. Hmmm... [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by vew-tori:
    I just wanted to say I love the idea of a boy for you DS. My nephew has one. His name is Jack and he is always getting into trouble or atleast getting blamed for things [img]wink.gif[/img] .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL.

The little blonde twin is the one my son immediately identified with. He said "That me!" I asked him who the brunette one was. He thought for a moment and said "Bob." We think he meant Bob the Builder, another of his idols (right up there with Lightning McQueen, Woody and Buzz)

Originally posted by vew-tori:
    I've seen some Bitty Babies who were wigged so I don't see a problem with rewigging a twin. Keep us posted.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Will do. I've seen photos of wigged BB, too, but I don't recall any twins. Still hoping someone here has done it....

Thanks for your support!

Ashley1972

You could switch the wigs- I think there's probably someone who wants a blue-eyed brunette boy twin doll. You could also put a blond wig on a bitty baby, which is easier.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a new retired color block sleeper brunette boy for sale if you want or a blond eyelash bitty baby with pleasant co 14 on his neck (he has lots of hair rubs and orange marker on the back of his leg)you could wig ,email me