Thread: OT: eBay insertion fees?

thepidget

Question

Hi all,

I have a question about eBay. If you're a seller and your item does not sell, are you still charged with insertion fees? I'm still fairly new to this and I'm having trouble finding their answer on their website.

Thanks so much! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep-they get their money whether you make money or not. Occasionally (every 2-3 months) they have a special, .10 listing day. Those help, especially if you are selling a valuable item that you don't want to start at too low of a price. They should send you an email, or watch for the announcement on their home page. HTH.

thepidget

Originally posted by mandasmom:
    Yep-they get their money whether you make money or not. Occasionally (every 2-3 months) they have a special, .10 listing day. Those help, especially if you are selling a valuable item that you don't want to start at too low of a price. They should send you an email, or watch for the announcement on their home page. HTH.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, thanks...I didn't know! I kept looking on the eBay site where they explain their fees, but they never quite say straight out "We'll charge you regardless of whether or not your item sells." So it was just hard to be sure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yup, listing fees are charged whether or not the item sells. Price of the fees vary depending on price you start the item. I believe the cost changes when you go from 24.99 to 25.00 too so you're oftentimes better pricing at say 24.99 in lieu of 25.00.

Before you click to submit your auction, change the prices several times & check the listing fees charged. That will help you figure out at what point the prices change. They show up at the bottom of the screen above the place to click submit listing. To save on fees I don't always use a gallery picture but if the item is really nice I think it does help it to sell. Also the better your picture the better price you'll get. That was the first thing I was told when a friend helped me get started on ebay.

Good luck & have fun!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, the insertion fee is charged if the item does not sell, but if you re-list the item and it sells the second time around, then the insertion fee for the relisting is credited back to your account. Hope this helps!

I will go try to find the link to the fees and will post it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is the link to the fee schedule:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

At the top of any ebay page click on site map and then scroll down and on the right hand side in the bottom section there is an A-Z index that you can find any topic related to Ebay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tomorrow is a 20 cent listing day for both fixed and auction style - This is a great day I will re-list tomorrow anything I don't sell

thepidget

Originally posted by FelinaDoon:
    Tomorrow is a 20 cent listing day for both fixed and auction style - This is a great day I will re-list tomorrow anything I don't sell
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good to know. How did you find out about that? I didn't see any advertisements or announcements for it.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've sold on ebay and never heard of any sale listing prices. I'm going to have to think of alot to list we need more AG money. And watch out if you give a checking account number to pay your ebay bill they'll just take it from your account. At least that's what just happened to me and thank goodness I checked my bank account since it made me over drawn and I had to transfer money from another account.