Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You do know to ONLY use a wire brush made for wigs on their hair? A doll brush is great!
    We bought a wig brush at Sally's for $2.00

Don't use anything in their hair such as barrettes, hair scrunchies, etc. that has been used on human hair. The oils from them will transer to the dolls hair.

I wish they would include hair care tips when you purchase a doll, but they don't. At least nothing has been included in our purchases so far.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where do I buy the wig shampoo? Also, for straight hair, do I have to use a steamer, or can I just use Son of a Gun? Where do you get that?

T. Lynn

Wig shampoo can be purchased from a Sally's Beauty supply or some place like that.

The Son of a Gun is an armoral (spelling?) that can be purchased from Walmart. I heard about it on this board. If the hair is not bad, I was told to spray a little of this first and it might do the trick without the whole wash process.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where do I buy the wig shampoo? Also, for straight hair, do I have to use a steamer, or can I just use Son of a Gun? Where do you get that?
    --------------------

You can get the wig shampoo at Sally's or any other beauty supply company. Sometimes our local Walmart has it to. Be sure to buy the kind for synthetic hair.

The Son of a Gun is in the auto section at Walmart or any place that sells Auto supplies.
    It is in a yellow spray bottle and is put out by STP.
    IMPORTANT! Do NOT buy Armor-all! It is used on cars in the same applications as the Son of a Gun, BUT it is NOT the same! It is greasy! Son of a Gun is NOT greasy in the least!
    Son of a Gun only cost like $2.99 a bottle and it only takes a little bit.

Hope this helps!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WB dolls hair is different then the newer dolls. You can do the downy dunk full strength (so I would add a bit of water to make your extra strength normal strength)just be sure to rinse well, very well. You want to get the downy out of the wig cap. (Wrap the doll in plastic wrap to keep dry and the strings out of the way, and use press and seal over the face if you have it, if not just plastic wrap. Major don't want water in the eyes.) Depending on how bad the hair is you can keep the doll in the downy for a day or so. I have added my link to hair care, if you care to take a look. I have had some great results. I use my own shampoo, but some use wig shampoo, not sure it matters. I don't use conditioner. I think rinsing is very important.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2119209788

Hope this helps.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I used concentrated on Sam and Kaya. I rinsed well so I don't think anything was left. How much water should be added to concentrated to make it full strength?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12