Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: employees pictures

GMART1382
    Do you think it is okay to post pictures of AG employees on people website without permission?I was looking at an album and noticed pictures of the agp hospital doctor. Can't you get sued for things like that especially if they see those picutres of themself everywhere?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 27, 2006 04:37 PM: Message edited by: AGP TOP MOM 13 ]</font>

emsmombuysdolls

The laws says something like if you are in a public setting people can take pics of you. That's how the photograhpers stalking celebrities get away with it.

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Um... no... that's like saying that everyone who happens to be captured walking by in your pics at Disney World are going to sue you.

Unless the pictures are being used to defile the name/character of the person in question nothing can be done, and I'm sure that's not AmericanGirl2982's intention.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 27, 2006 07:39 PM: Message edited by: OSusannah ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hmm... when I worked in Philly's historic district, nobody had to ask us if they could post... and I've found quite a few pictures of us out there. I think that letting the person know you're taking a picture is probably good enough and more of a courtesy than anything else, especially when people are working at known touristy-type places.

Oh, and edit: I like seeing my picture in other people's albums. It makes me feel special, lol!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 27, 2006 03:26 PM: Message edited by: jerseycow6 ]</font>

AmericanGirlLover2982

Thank you Caroline!!!

GMART1382
    I was only asking because i noticed it on her site. I love looking at how different everyone treats there american girl doll and was a little in aww to see peoples pictures that specifically work there. Im pretty sure that those young ladies would not feel confortable knowing there faces are everywhere. They are not celebrities and i know that if someone takes a picture of them and of there experience that last thing on there mind is that they will be all over the internet

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think nikki was meaning to make this such a big deal- I mean go look at my pics from AGP- AM I suppose to go edit out every ones face? The dolls do i need to edit them out to??? So if i am in a park taking pictures of my cousins I need to ask all the parents if i can get the pictures printed????
    Or if I am at AGP cafe????

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really doubt that those "poor girls" didn't know that AG was and is a tourist attraction. Which means they are going to pose for pictures. If you don't want to be in that kind of situation don't work at a place people are going to specifically travel to.

Get a job at toysrus or lowes and live free of the burden that you'll end up in someone's album of memorabilia. End of story.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Just chill. These people know that they're working at a pretty major tourist destination. People probably take tons of pictures every day. And, with digital cameras and such, it is almost a given that pictures will probably wind up in someone's online album. My coworkers and I actually used to laugh about what Tiawanese tourist's mantle our pictures would end up on, and I'm sure these people have joked about it too. These people are not minors. Their picture is still being used for private use - sharing amongst friends. This is perfectly acceptable.

GMART1382

Red face

i think its different if you happened to catch a picture of someone in a background or a large group of people who know they are being photographed. Dr Totiana and another doctor were the only ones in the picture and it didnt seem to me that they knew they were being photographed. I work retail and know that people and tourist love taking pictures of everything but i have always been asked whether or not they can have a picture.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 27, 2006 07:30 PM: Message edited by: OSusannah ]</font>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast