Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

. . . the Today girls, specifically GT9 and GT19?? I just recently got a Holiday 1995 catalog and was flipping through it when I realized that both of the Today dolls had "hazel eyes" listed in their description! I always thought that GT21 was the first hazel-eyed doll, but I guess I never noticed as a kid because I wasn't very fond of the Today girls back then.

I know that neither is made today anymore (I checked the AG website), but when were they discontinued? I would love to get my hands on one, since they both look a lot like me as a child. GT9 had light skin, hazel eyes and light brown hair, and GT 19 had light skin, hazel eyes and dark brown hair. I was just curious as to when they were changed because I would definitely love to own one now, and I wonder how hard it is to find them. Thanks!

GreyMyst

There are some basically green eyed dolls I've seen on ebay that had pinwheel type eyes, NOT Felicity's decal type.

I've never seen them with anything but brown or blonde hair, so I think these are those dolls and that they changed to the same grey as Mollys REALLY early on (first year or so).

The ones with the greenish pinwheel eyes don't show up that often. I've maybe seen 3 total on ebay..

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 23, 2006 04:34 PM: Message edited by: SaraLovesHerDollys ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That makes sense. I always thought that GT9 was the grey eyed one (cause I thought it was identical to Molly just w/out glasses), and I'm pretty sure that I would have remembered a hazel eyed doll if it had been around awhile, since it's not a hugely popular eye color in dolls (AG ones at least).

GreyMyst

Originally posted by molly*belle717:
    That makes sense. I always thought that GT9 was the grey eyed one (cause I thought it was identical to Molly just w/out glasses), and I'm pretty sure that I would have remembered a hazel eyed doll if it had been around awhile, since it's not a hugely popular eye color in dolls (AG ones at least).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It really is a shame too, because the ones I've seen are really beautiful. I didn't jump on a $60 BIN for the dark brown/hazel one about a year ago (listed as molly), and I've regreted it ever since. That would totally be my mini me at 10, I even had the bangs and everything. [img]frown.gif[/img]

I remember there being a hazel one when the AGTs first came out, but I think she was gone fairly soon, because the next time I looked at the AGTs, she wasn't there. I thought it was just my imagination playing tricks one me at the time.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 23, 2006 04:54 PM: Message edited by: SaraLovesHerDollys ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know, I thought I was dreaming, too! I wouldn't have believed it unless I had that Holiday 1995 catalog sitting next to me, because GT9 would have practically been my twin at age 10, too. I have to wonder why the hazel eyed girls didn't last, especially since I know that many of us on the board have commented that they wished AG made more hazel eyed dolls (and I know it's not just limited to the board!). [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] Oh well, hopefully one of the new dolls they come out with in September has brown hair and hazel eyes!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thought I'd bump this in case anyone else had any thoughts.

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GT 9 DOES have grey eyes. I have her, they are totally grey. My sister has #21, the one with hazel eyes. I show you some comparisons:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...3/100_0626.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...3/100_0624.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...3/100_0622.jpg

Michelle is my AGT #9, and 21, Hayley, is my sister's. See how much greener Hayley's are than her cousin Michelle's?

AGT 9 DOES have grey, NOT hazel!

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 24, 2006 04:19 PM: Message edited by: american_girl_forever ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 24, 2006 04:20 PM: Message edited by: american_girl_forever ]</font>

mori

That is really interesting. I wonder why they changed 9's eyes to grey. (I have that one - only she has silver eye in one eye.) You would think that since they already had a grey eyed brunette in Molly, they would keep her with hazel eyes. Of course, then they got rid of grey/brunette #9, but kept the blue/blonde that looks so much like Kirsten. Sometimes i really wonder at Pleasant Company's and esp. Mattel's desicions. One would think they woul want as much variety as possible, but i suppose that's not the name of the game. I would love to see these dolls with the hazel eyes. I'm sure they are next to impossible to find.