Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AG story moments that strike a cord (possible book spoilers)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you ever get emotional (happy or sad) over a moment in one of our favorite girl's stories?

One of my very favorite AG moments is at the end of Changes for Kit when Kit discovers that her letter and photos have been printed in the paper. I read that part over and over. I feel so happy for her that I almost cry tears of joy. I've been published myself and know how exciting it is.

Another moment that makes me really happy is the very end of Molly's books when her father comes home, and even though she's sick and miserable, all is right with the world now that her face is pressed into her father's coat. *sniff*

I think I remember crying the first timwe I read Meet Kirsten when her best friend dies. That's so heartwrenching!

Inactive Member Samantha_Nellie_Felicity's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am like that too! I was so happy for Kit when her work got published! (I also had a letter to the editor published, also)

I was rereading the Molly books at school once, and I got a little teary when her dad came home, such a good reunion.

I also cried when Marta died-- so sad.

Happy tears filled my eyes when Felicity was united with Penny, and same when Sam came back in the Addy books.

*AG Star*

I always come close to crying when I read Felicity's Surprise and her mother almost dies, and then in Changes for Felicity when her Grandfather dies.
    It also makes me really sad in Meet Kirsten when her friend dies onboard the ship taking them to America.
    I'm not sure if this is Sam's books, but I love the scene in the movie when she and Nellie are in the boathouse, making wishes.
    There are a bunch of others, but I can't remember them right now. I need to go reread the books!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always get emotional when Felicity's Grandfather dies and Felicity feels so sad and empty inside. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The moments with Felicity and Penny have always stayed with me, probably because of the horses in my life that I have loved as fiercely, though none of them have been mine yet.

Most recently it's been Felicity freeing Penny that touches me, as I fell in love with an abused horse at an online rescue last year and was in the process of figuring out ways that I could adopt her when she was ready for a home. It had become a bit of an obsession for me, attempting to figure out jobs and budgeting and local places she could board...

When I found out that this horse had died, about the only thing that really helped me feel better WAS Felicity and the knowing that someone else had been in that position before me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It always brings tears to my eyes when Kit recognizes her own Father in line at the soup kitchen. I think that is when everything really hits home for Kit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by American_Mommy:
    It always brings tears to my eyes when Kit recognizes her own Father in line at the soup kitchen. I think that is when everything really hits home for Kit.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*DEFINITE SPOILERS*

That is a very poignant moment in the story. I was just about to post the same thing! My heart always jumps reading about her being caught on the train & the mystery book is excellent at the end...the whole suspense as it all unfolds.

For Felicity, it has to be when her mother is sick and when Jiggy Nye takes Penny back.

For Addy, gosh, all of Addy's books are tearjerkers...when her brother & father are sold, when she is running away with her mother, when she is reunited w/ Sam & finally her sister.

For Kirsten, when Marta dies.

For Molly, when her Dad comes home. The whole ending is just perfect & full of happy tears.

For Kaya, when she must leave her sister behind to escape, when her horse is stolen, when Swan Circling dies. Kaya has some very serious books.

For Samantha, when she changes her speech because she realizes what factories are truly like.

I have not read Josefina's books yet.

Fun post!

Bren

[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Dancingfewl423

I always cry when I read Molly's Changes book. There are so many moments - when Molly becomes ill and can't dance her part, when her Dad finally comes home, and my personal favorite is how much I can relate to the pure happiness dancing the role of Miss Victory brings her.

thepidget

This is a really good thread. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Here are some moments in AG stories that struck a chord with me (*spoiler alert for Molly, Kit and Addy*):

One of the best parts of the Molly series is when her father finally comes home from the war. It was supposed to be one of the worst days of her life because she got too sick to do the Miss Victory dance, but everything changed for the better when she knew her dad was safely home. This moment always gives me the warm fuzzy-wuzzies. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Also, I love the scene where Molly and her friends play a trick on Ricky and they wind up dumping dirty laundry on Ricky's crush Dolores. It's so immature and wrong but it totally cracks me up!

In the Kit books, it really hit home for me when she discovered that her dad lost his job. The same thing happened to my dad because he got laid off, so I can relate to Kit's feelings of sadness and shock. [img]frown.gif[/img] I also think the scene where she and Stirling discovered abandoned Grace is very touching.

And in the Addy books, it just makes me feel so sad when Addy sees that her father and brother are taken away to be sold. To be so helpless while watching your loved ones being taken away from you...how can you possibly deal with that? But I'm happy when she and her family are all reunited. I especially like the scene in Changes for Addy when Addy sees Auntie Lula and baby Esther coming out of a church. (However, it's also sad that Esther can't recognize her own mother since they were separated for so long.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tears always well up in my eyes and I get a gulp in my throat when I read Molly's Christmas story. I love it when they hear Dad's voice over the radio! There are several places in the book were I boo-hoo.

Fun thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast