Thread: WOW!!! Look at the posts since vacation!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I've been gone since Saturday morning and I can't believe how many posts I would have to read to catch up! Usually, I check in several times a day and never noticed how far behind one can get!

We went on our first family vacation in over 3 years that wasn't related to DH's work or the gospel group! It was great!
    We went to Maggie Valley/Cherokee,NC in the mountains. A neat AG tidbit was that we were going to go see, Unto These Hills, a Cherokee Indian drama, but ran out of time.
    DH and I went to see it about 14 years ago and now they have re-done it. They are calling it, Unto These Hills: A Re-telling.
    Well, reading the press release for it, they have a native Nez Perce Indian that has designed all the new costumes! Neat, huh? She is actually on staff at the theater. The new drama has over 60% (I belive they said) native American actors in it, whereas the old version only had about 20% actual native americans starring in it.
    Just a little trivia! Here is the website if anyone would like to read more about it:

http://www.cherokee-nc.com/unto_these_main.php?

Anyway, we got an AG size sock monkey for Molly at the Mast General Store and saw some really neat glass oil lamps that were AG sized in the gift shops there. They also had an AG sized moonshine jug!!! LOL

DH even cooked out on the grill for my birthday while DD and I hung out at the pool! We had an awesome time, but we're glad to be back.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 25, 2006 11:59 PM: Message edited by: 3castles ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a wonderful vacation! It's good to see you back; have fun catching up!