Oh, New2AG, I remember that kimono from your Star Festival album. I love it. I don't think I realized when I bought the silk from Sachan that you already had a Spookyneko one from the same silk! Thanks for posting the link. I love to see Spookyneko's work.

And no, Robin, my yard is not as good as your Dad's! I've only been growing things for about 3 years and no koi pond, either. I'd like one but maintaining a water garden is too much work! On the other hand, someday I should post pictures of my father's yard. He has a giant redwood growing in one corner that will be enormous one day! It started as a sapling and already it's a huge fully branched Christmas tree size, taller than me!

I keep forgetting to answer the wagashi question. Mine, of course, is made from clay. But the real thing is made from molded or sculpted sweet bean paste. It's worth looking up on the internet. Each season provides themes for wagashi that can only be made and served for a week or two before the next iteration of the season changes. And it's so expensive that one company that has created wagashi for hundreds of years has a special free delivery service. When the Emperor of Japan calls in his order, it is created and brought instantly to his presence via a stretch limo! No charge for the limo, but it's probably wrapped up in the cost of the wagashi somehow. [img]wink.gif[/img]