Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They haven't made a World War 1 doll yet. I think that would be a little interesting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kaya and Kit were Mattel. And another historical, Rebecca (jewish immigrant) is on her way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, as has been pointed out, Kit and Kaya were both Mattel-era dolls. ^_^

I love the idea of an Italian doll, though I would also love to see a Middle Eastern or Indian doll.

There are still quite a few time periods they could cover. As Kirsten pointed out, they still don't have a WWI girl. I'd also love to see an Asian-American doll, perhaps a Chinese immigrant whose family is working on the Transcontinetal Railroad? A fifties or Vietnam-era doll would also be very interesting, I think. =)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to see a Southern doll, too. Preferably from North Carolina. Maybe a girl during the Civil War who is a sympathizer with the North? She'd have so many pretty things, and she could have a lunch with biscuits and sweet tea! Ooh, and she could be a patchwork quilter!

Inactive Member QueenNellieElizabeth's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would Love to see a new Historical doll!!
    I hope they make a new historical though,I love the different time periods. I am a bit of a history nerd.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am i history nerd too!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I think they should make all the dolls you guys sugested! Oh and dont forget about a Pilgrim doll that came on the MayFlower!

Inactive Member aero_AGdoll_lover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh I would LOVE to see a WWI doll!
    and are they really comming out with a Jewish immigrant doll??? for real?
    I still want to see an italian doll. I would buy her the day she came out! lol. (since she would be just like me, Italian.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would love an Italian immigrant. I wanted a doll to be my Italy doll, but I couldn't find one that looked Italian enough.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know. I have looked and looked and looked at all the dolls seeing if they looked Italian enough but NONE of them do!! [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I was just looking at some peoples albums, and there were pics of Nellie in them. And I got to thinkin, Nellie is an Irish immigrant. So what if there was an Italian immigrant historical doll? wouldnt that be cool!? She would be SO pretty! maybe Jess's eye shape, with fairly dark skin, dark dark eyes, and wavy DARK brown hair. oh, she would be so pretty. And I can just think of her accessories and clothes.
    My great Grandpap was an Italian immigrant, but this happened in the twenties, so they couldnt make a doll for that time because of Kit. My mom said they could probably make it before then though.
    My sister has made an interesting speculation though. Ever since Mattell took over, all of the new dolls are modern. There have only been friend dolls. (well, I think Josephina was mattell wasnt she? or Kit?) anyways, If because of Mattell taking over, do you think that crushes the hope of any new historicals? they still have dates that they could use. Like during the gold rush, that would be cool, and a couple of other time periods in history that they havnt used up yet. But the fact that they keep comming out with AGT dolls is bugging me a little because that just makes it even harder to come up with a look for a new doll....
    sorry for rambling on. this is just thoughts

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm. An italian doll would be cute! Joesfina was pre-mattel, but Kaya was mattel. I hope they make a new historical though,I love the different time periods. I am a bit of a history nerd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast