Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad this thread came up because I had a dream last night that I got the Asian AGT! I couldn't ever figure out where she was supposed to be from either, but maybe she is of mixed race. In my dream I named her Raye (a character from Sailor Moon). LoL now of course I want her but I have reached my doll limit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by EmilyStrange:
    LoL now of course I want her but I have reached my doll limit.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are limits? Really?

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Taffy Cheerful:
    There are limits? Really?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thoughts exactly, Taffy - I used to think I had a limit, too, but that's all out the window now. [img]eek.gif[/img]

I too have the Asian AGOT. I named her Kimberly Cho Linwood, or Kim for short. I imagine that Kim was born in Korea and was adopted by an American couple when she was a baby, much like two of my childhood best friends were. I love my Kim because she reminds me of those old friends. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Asian AGOT is definitely on my list! I think that she is so beautiful! I have a couple more favorite sites to add to those mentioned so far. I just hope that they are still there when I finally get around to getting her!

http://www.anythingfabric.com/anyfab/jap/jap.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15978

I remember that several months ago someone posted a link for Vietnamese clothes. I thought that I had saved it, but I can't find it now. If you're there, could you please post it again? Also, are there any links for Korean clothes that are already made--not patterns?
    Joy

<font color="#020176" size="1">[ January 13, 2004 12:28 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL you guys are funny. I have a doll limit, yes, my apartment is very small and I have no room for anything else!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by EmilyStrange:
    LOL you guys are funny. I have a doll limit, yes, my apartment is very small and I have no room for anything else!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I understand that! My apartment is so tiny and we barely have any storage space. [img]frown.gif[/img] When I get a house I'll have more room for all my AGs and their furniture. Right now my girls are competing for closet space, where I have their rooms set up!

Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Taffy- thanks for the support and words about bonding or in my case, not bonding with her. I bought all of the interracial and multicultural dolls for my daughter so that she can have playthings of all races- not just her own. Where we live, at least in our town, the demographics paint a very homogenous picture. Our town is 96% caucasian, 3% asian and the balance is "other". The city that we share a border on is 72% minoroty. I grew up in a minoroty "majoroty" city and want my daughter to be tolerant and multicultural, a difficult task in our "gold coast"environment.

Well, she is staying. I am hoping to love her and know that will probably happen soon. Elisabeth does and that is half the battle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123