Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh gosh, don't use plastic!! Static builds up & the hair gets really icky--frizzy, dry, matted & dull. You can even use dog brushes--we have a nice one. It's called Four Paws Silver Touch # PB560. We got it at our local pet store.

I've even heard you could lightly mist the hair with water prior to brushing, too. For dolls with textured hair, AG now sells a pick for it. I would imagine you could get a metal hair pick anywhere though.

GreyMyst

Originally posted by American_Mommy:
    Okay, take is easy on me folks....

I have an AG wire brush, and I love it.

But- if you just really do not want to order one from AG, I have seen some nice wire brushes in the pet section at my local Dollar Tree- They are a tiny bit larger than AG, but they have the same type of shiny wire bristles.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have the Dollar Tree "dog" brush. It IS a wire brush just like a wig brush, hehe. I use it on human wigs, and I also have an older My Twinn brush I got in a lot that I use on my dolls. They both work equally well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Get the AG brush.
    It's even better than some of the wire brushes sold by other companies for dolls like AG. My friend had one of the other brushes, and it had a plastic center holding the wire bristles in that kept popping out- a major hassle.
    I used to use a plastic brush on my doll's hair, too. I'm not blaming the brush for Samantha's hair being funky now- she's fourteen years old- but the wire brush definately helps.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got the Pleasant company brush way back on my eighth birthday (so thirteen years ago) and it lasted me for quite a few years. I bought a new one in 2000, i think, because the head of the old one kept popping out and the rubber was getting brittle. I highly recommend the new AG brush. It is much sturdier andhas a nice handle. mine is just starting to get a little "poppish" on one side . . . but I do have 11 dolls, and I have had the brush for a while. I will just glue it back in place. It really is worth the money!!

Felicity_Fan85

I just got a wire wig brush this year. Before that I did use a plastic brush on Lissie (it came with my CPK Cornsilk kid, but all the bristles are bent...). But luckily Lissie's hair is still nice. but I've learned my lesson. (do you have to mist the hair before brushing?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kit 1934:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mykidsloveAG:
    We've had our brush for about 3 1/2 years, and have only lost one bristle. The key is starting at the bottom, brushing the bottom inch, then going up and brushing the bottom 2 inches, then 3, etc. And as the previous poster said, misting it if you need to.

Jo
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All wig wire brushes have one bristle missing.
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I noticed that. Any idea why?

GreyMyst

Originally posted by PhDfamily:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kit 1934:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mykidsloveAG:
    We've had our brush for about 3 1/2 years, and have only lost one bristle. The key is starting at the bottom, brushing the bottom inch, then going up and brushing the bottom 2 inches, then 3, etc. And as the previous poster said, misting it if you need to.

Jo
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All wig wire brushes have one bristle missing.
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I noticed that. Any idea why?
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let the air out so the rubber bit can flex easier?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If your doll's hair is REALLY tangled, a metal comb can be good, at least until you get the tangles out.

Thanks for the Dollar Tree tip, you guys; next time I'm near one I'll give them a look! Right now I'm using a rather large dog comb, which works OK and IMO doesn't do any damage, but I'm sure I could do better.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by PhDfamily:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kit 1934:

Jo
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All wig wire brushes have one bristle missing. [img]wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I noticed that. Any idea why?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Learn something new everyday. (I supected something like that.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12