Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I've never tried adding an album here before because my friends have always put them up. I have a very short version of the Japanese Dolls' Day festival with Shida and Yuki (twin Jesses) on the Imagestation so I'm going to try to link it to see if I can.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2105852983

Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great album as usual. Link worked OK.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I thought of posting this now because making paper dolls out of photograph prints might be an amusing thing for girls to do when school lets out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! I love it! I too really like Japanesse food, so I saw a lot that I would like to eat. All your set ups are awesome.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The outfits and the food are beautiful!! Did you make them, or did you buy them? My dolls just finished watching Memoirs of a Geisha so now they would very much like a kimono for themselves... greedy little girls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, my DVD of Memoirs is nearly worn out because so many of the dolls have been watching it! I like the Geisha Bootcamp and Look Of A Geisha bonus sections even better than the movie.

I am making kimonos for my girls but the red ones in this album came from ebay. Try searching for "American Girl doll AND asian". I didn't have time to do the photo shoot AND make costumes last March. Luckily for Gina, Lindy made gorgeous yukatas for her and for her doll, LC, who was visiting me for the festival. So the blue and white outfits came from her. I hope to make an album showing my kimono designs for the Star Festival.

My mother stayed with me last weekend and asked to check out my cookbooks. She was surprised to see several Japanese cookbooks on the shelf. I don't cook people food much but I use the recipes and photographs of finished dishes as a reference for my FIMO food. I follow the recipe to make the finished FIMO dish!

The funny bonus for this festival came from my neighbor. In cleaning out her cedar chest, she found a skirt length of fabric she bought in Hawaii many years ago. I was so excited by it that she loaned it to me for a backdrop.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lovely album - unfortunately imagestation doesn't let me look at the last 10 pictures. Keeps saying it's 'generating preview' and that I should check back later.

Cherry, your pictures are wonderful as always and the food looks so delightful. Glad they didn't have to eat dried squid [img]wink.gif[/img]

Polly Marie
    Really enjoyed this album. Beautiful scenes! Thanks for sharing this with all of us. [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

When I tried to upload a few more photos into the Imagestation last night, it didn't work. So I put everything into a nice album on the Kodak Gallery, which I prefer using anyway, and now I can't link to it. The Imagestation was down every time I tried to work with it last night.
    So I guess those photos won't get loaded there until I can go home and struggle with it again.

I used to cook dried squid for my Japanese friend. Totally revolting but he loved to eat it while watching tennis on tv! I would never ask the girls to eat that -- yuck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great job Cherry! Awesome album as always! Maybe Susanna and Ruthie will have to try making photo paper dolls. The girls looked like they all had fun. I love the way you made over Shida and Yukio to look more Asian. They are beautiful! Did you make new wagashi for this year? Some I did not recognize from last year's photos.