Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think throwing the doll away is excessive, especially depending on how young she was. I agree with what a lot of other people on the board said about locking the dolls and toys away for a certain time until she earns it back, that still teaches a lesson without being so cruel. My parents would have never done something that mean just because I did a typical kid thing such as forgetting to put away toys.

On the other hand, I did have my kindergarten teacher throw my favorite baby doll in the trash simply because I had her on my lap and was playing with her arms when she was talking to us at the end of the day! (we had had show and tell earlier of our favorite toys) Talk about cruel; that was in front of my entire class! I had to dig her out of the trash myself when we got our coats because the teacher made no effort to give her back. I always regretted that I didnt tell my mother that because I know she would have complained but I was a little 5 yr old who thought I actually did something wrong. What a terrible woman!

Inactive Member AccordingToMare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow...talk about over re-acting! I can totally understand taking the doll and accessories away for awhile, even a month or two, to "follow up" on his point, but was it really necessary to take the doll to the dump? He's probably caused permanent damage to his daugther's psyche, plus he threw away a vaulable item a collector would've been willing to pay a good price for or a child in need would've treasured like nothing else. And poor Lindsey!

Honestly I think it was just mean spirited on his part, because if he absolutely had to get rid of the doll permanently he could've donated it to Goodwill and at least taught the daugther a constructive lesson about appreciating things because some people aren't lucky to have expensive things like American Girl dolls.

I was a little upset when my father donated some of my old stuffed animals to a charity run by a wife of his good friend, but I had been warned and seperated everything I wanted out of the boxes. However, I had a box set to the side with some stuff that I was going to sell, including my Punky Brewster and Cabbage Patch dolls...and he accidentaly gave it to the chairty too. Now, I was 21 then and 24 now, I can deal with it, but I was angry at him for that and now I feel like I owe him a huge hug for never doing something as cruel as throw away one of my beloved toys. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Mare [img]smile.gif[/img]
    (Formerly MareGathersWords & BohemianMare)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234