Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Samanthasmom

I completely agree. When I told that to her she said she can buy the girls anything and all she has to do is give him that look....Her SIL wants her to call a tow truck for his "fixerupper car". I agree.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That reminds me of the time when I was a kid and my SD asked me to start bath water for my little brothers bath. Well, the tub ended up overflowing and water got into the basement where my sister and I shared a room. He must have been having a bad day because he went crazy and took all my stuffed animals and a bunch of other stuff he deemed "ruined" and made a bonfire in the back yard. I collect Teddy Bears and the bear who started it all was in the fire. I've often thought about trying to find a replacement but I don't know what his brand name was or much about him. That was 25-30 years ago. I feel for your friend and her DD.

Polly Marie

An expensive mistake in more than one way. The daughter will probably remember this for a long time. Dad could have bagged the toys on the floor and kept them away for a time period. He needs some parenting lessons big time! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i told her to show him Lindsey listings on Ebay. That will really hurt him. He will learn when she goes on her shopping spree for xmas at AGPNY.
    That will REALLY hurt his wallet. Revenge, Sweet Revenge [img]wink.gif[/img]

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My step father is exactly like him! Funny story while I was reading this thred I was talking to my sis... and he's trying to throw away an antique rocker that has been in the family for years... and is in GREAT shape. Needless to say I have to go pick that up before that goes to the dumb.

He has thrown all sorts of stuff away like my sisters PC. He asked to borrow it... never hooked it up and put it in the hall himself! He took it out and didn't put it up... and because it was in the hall... he decided that means he should throw it away.

I think its something wrong up there in the membrain because he's not like that with everything. He's not an evil guy... if I'm ever in trouble financally he'll give me money right out of his pocket. He bought me a car (when my dad wouldn't come through). He's paid some of my medical bills (again when my real dad wouldn't come through) So its not like they are totally BAD guys.

I mean maybe its a guy thing. If they don't want it they just do what ever. I'll never forget the year he took down the christmas tree at my mom's while we were out on christmas morning visiting realitives. See that is seriously Taboo because my mom loves Christmas.... and let me just tell you I WENT OFF on him... I don't normally use profanity especially towards my parents... but the words out of my mouth would have done a sailor proud. But I got my point across.... I think sometimes they don't realize the damage they do.

My grandmother always told me if you want a man to do something you have to make it affect them... like the commercial for Sears when the fridge breaks... the wife lets him drink curtled milk and THEN tells him about the fridge. ITS SOOO TRUE!

joelanddeborah

Poor little girls! My heart aches for them--not for the doll, necessarily, but for their unhappiness... [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]eek.gif[/img] That's horrible! What a rotten thing to do! I know dads get mad when little girls' things are all over the place but never once would my DH have done that to my DD no matter how many pieces of Barbie furniture he would step on. A great lesson in how NOT to parent!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's terrible! I can understand wanting a clean house, but you would think that the man could come up with a more...rational way of getting through to her. Poor girl. [img]frown.gif[/img] She must be absolutely heart-broken. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] I hope the mom can find a reasonably priced Lindsey for her DD. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Kalisa

Quite honestly, that would have started a huge fight in our home. That seems just plain mean-spirited to me. It would have been easy enough to have locked it in a closet and made the child earn it back after a period of time. Or perhaps make her pay a fee to receive it back. Either of those would have taught a lesson without being so unreasonable/irrational and destroying a doll. Things like that cause bad memories for children not teach lessons.

thepidget

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to their Lindsey. [img]frown.gif[/img] That is terrible.

I remember when I was still in high school, I had to take notes for a debate. Then my mom and I got into a fight over something (it was probably my messy room) and she wound up throwing away my notes while I was in the shower. I was so mad but at least I was able to dig up the papers later. But thank goodness she's never thrown away anything that was hugely sentimental to me.

I hope that the mom shows the dad the price of Lindseys on eBay and maybe that will make him realize what a mean (and expensive) mistake he made. I completely understand how some parents want a clean house, but there are less cruel ways of getting your point across than throwing your children's toys away. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast