Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is absolutely horrible! I feel SO bad for that little girl. I read this thread to my dad and he was surprised too.

My brother used to have a serious problem with picking up his toys, so my dad would just bag them all up and put them in the rafters of the garage.

Suddenly my brother realize his toys were disappearing and the problem was solved. He ended up getting his toys back and all was fine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am going to be waaaaaay in the minority here, but I'm with Dad. He had probably told them many, many times to pick up their things. Kudos to a parent who actually FOLLOWS THROUGH on a threat -- way too many parents don't, and their children consequently don't take them seriously. I have a Lindsey, and I love her dearly -- frankly, I feel worse for the doll than the kids who didn't take care of her. Shame on Mom if she runs out to buy another one to replace it -- the girls should WORK to EARN another one, and I'm sure they will take much better care of her the second time around.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's so heartbreaking [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] I have no idea what that man was thinking, but he should have to replace his daughter's collection asap.

The only time my dad ever did anything like that was after asking my brother a million times to clean his room, he got really mad one night and threw EVERYTHING out of the room, out the door, and down the stairs. It made a huge mess and took all of us about a week to finally clean up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You have a point. Didnt really look at it that way. However, I think he should have "thrown it away" on Ebay or something. Thats just money down the drain to me. I have "thrown away" plenty of things of my kids and made them earn the originals back by chores or good behavior. I really feel for the mom because she was the one that fronted all the money. I hope they did learn their lesson though and act accordingly with their other toys! Thanks for a showing us diffent point of view.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

I was at my MIL work today when I started talking to one of her coworkers. She saw my DD Kirsten and we started talking about AG. She then told me that her DD had Lindsey. Her husband was home from work one day to watch the kids since she had Jury Duty. Her Husband put DDs on the bus and went inside. He asked them to pick up Lindsey and they di not. Long story short. The mother called in on her way home from Jury Duty and the husband said he was in the car. He was on his way home from the DUMP>>>>>>> He threw away Lindsey and ALL her accessories and outfits because they were on the floor. AHHHHH. She called the dump but they said the shipment was on its way to NY. We are in MA. So somewhere in the NY dump is Lindsey all alone [img]frown.gif[/img] with noone. My husband knows better but be sure to show this to your kids so they will not go through what these kids did.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

when i was little i had a box of paper scraps. They were pictures of dogs and horses mostly and i loved them. My mom went nuts once, put them all in a big bowl and burned them. This was nearly 40 years ago and i can still remember the shock and horror over this and i think it's abusive. There are more important things than a clean house in my opinion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are right there are more important things. My heart breaks for this Mom bc all her DD wants for Xmas is Lindsey. At that age they dont understand...Her mom is looking on Ebay but it seems futile.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's a real shame. My little paper animals were only valuable to me but that doll is going to be really expensive to replace.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well If it were my husband he would be buying Lindsey off of ebay!! He sounds mean and rotten!! There are plenty of Lindseys listed on ebay and yes they are a bit expensive but for being that mean he should buy her one or head to the NY dump and start digging!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OUCH!!!! [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Heart goes out for these folks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast