Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What kind of colors, and patterns (like prints) were popular. Also what kind of clothes did you wear in the 60s?

Thanks in advance!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what years of the 60's do you want since early 60's and late 60's fashion is very different from each other

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think orange and red were popular then.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both early and late, maybe on the middle?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Check out on the web, designs by Pucci. He was a very mod designer with vivid bright colors.
    Very 60's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I think very bright colors were very popular. You can't go wrong with flowers, tie-dye or bellbottoms either. There was also the "mod" style with short miniskirts and geometric patterns, a la the model Twiggy. If you search 60s fashion on google, you'll get a lot of good results with pictures (I had to do a 60s report freshman year).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] Snake skin! Snake under glass! Lovely slinky snakeskin! dum de dum de dum [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

Actually that was very late 60's, but I graduated from college in 1969 and started sewing my new wardrobe for my first job around then. And for the next two years or so 95% of my clothes were made from golden cobra, brown rattlesnake, unknown black plastic reptilian (aka snake under glass) -- you get the drift. I just adored it. I made myself a full ankle length brown snakeskin cape with a vest and mini skirt and found a hat and an umbrella to match it. And Joann's has some awesome silky turquoise and brown snakeskin for sale now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is a hippie dress I just made. It's made with a vintage collection cotton. Enjoy!
    ebff410b

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think this thread belongs with the one about Summer.

I also remembered another dress I loved to wear in the 60's. It was ankle length with a long gathered ruffle at the bottom, sort of low cut with elastic around the neckline, high waisted and puff sleeved. I'll scan a photo for you.

60s

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 23, 2006 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Sakurako ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was a child in the 60s and neither I nor my classmates wore what people now typically think of as 60s clothing. That was for the much older crowd and not all of them wore what were referred to as hippie clothes either. The outfits I wore were closer to the AG outfits for Molly and Emily.

I wore dresses most of the time, with knee socks and either saddle shoes or penny loafers. I had plaid skirts and white blouses. I also had lots of dresses with floral patterns not all that different from Emily's meet dress. I remember that the colors were rich reds, blues, yellows, and greens. Pastels were usually reserved for party dresses.

In the summer, I wore shorts to play in, but I still wore dresses for when we went visiting or shopping. I loved my swingset, my jump rope, my roller skates, and most of all my bicycle. I also played with Barbie dolls and listened to 45s on a portable record player. I played board games with my friends and card games with my parents.

My knee socks were traded in for tights when the weather got colder and I had a snowsuit very much like Emily's for when I played outside (which I did alot!) My favorite winter pastimes were sledding and ice skating.

We had family vacations each summer at the same lake, staying in the same cabin. We had one very large vacation where we drove across the country, much like Molly did in her Route 66 adventure. I even had a camera just like hers.

Something that you might want to consider is that our parents were from the same generation as Molly and they were the ones that chose our toys and our clothes. I don't think it would have been too easy to find a nine year old child in the 60s who wore what has come to be known as the stereotypical outfits of the 60s. We were actually children then. We had very little interest in fashion and we knew better than to question our parent's choices. The rebellion that the 60s is also famous for was not something that we little ones were involved in. That was more for those that were college age in the 60s.

The 70s were where I saw changes in everyday life for everyday people. The changes definitely began in the 60s, but I don't believe they affected the daily life or the clothing of the average child until the 70s.

I recently bought a doll to represent the excitement of those times. I named her Liberty and I made her birthday in 1966, which would make her ten years old in 1976.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast