Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The girls look like they are having alot of fun. Hobby Lobby had a baseball & bat on clearance awhile back that would go good IMO.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What fun the girls are having!!!
    Really nice pictures.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cute pictures. Your dog is a sweetie pie and your DD looks just like you! Who are the Marines pictured?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice pictures! Your dolls look wonderful in their baseball clothes! And yes, your flesh-and-blood family is lovely too.

monimarine

If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. My brother, myself, and my ex husband are all former Marines.

Congratulations to him! A buddy of mine was a Drill Instructor at OCS- Officer Candidate School or boot camp for officers, last summer.

I definitely wanted to be a Marine so I understand how he feels about it. I also don't regret it one bit! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 24, 2006 04:08 PM: Message edited by: monimarine ]</font>

monimarine

Thanks for the compliments. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Marine we met is R Lee Ermey. He is the host of the show Mail Call on the History channel and he is also most known for his role as the Senior Drill Instructor in the movie Full Metal Jacket. It's like a rite of passage- most every Marine has seen that movie at least once. (Not suggesting that this is good for younger viewers- it's NOT!)

Hayden is Hayden Christensen the actor who played Anakin Skywalker in the recent prequel trilogy. He is wearing Marine dress blues in the first shot, although he is not authorized legally to be wearing ribbons and badges he did not earn, therefore does not rate to wear. He is from Canada and was never a US Marine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the explanation. I am quickly becoming very interested in Marines because my 23 year old godson is being commissioned on June 2nd as a Marine. He is my dearest nephew, and we are going to the commissioning ceremony on the baseball field at his university. He was part of a national championship baseball team in d-3. I think I will be crying. He just graduated with his bachelor's degree in political science. It has been his lifelong dream to be a Marine.

He spent last summer in VA in officer training school and boot camp. He took some tests and was accepted into the pilot training program. Other than that, I don't know much about Marines, but I will be learning. I took a tour of the Naval Academy in Annapolis where my son's best friend attends school and my other nephew is at the Air Force Academy in Colorado.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12