Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Is it actually possible to put in new eyes yourself in an old AG doll that needs fixed up? I have always wondered this. I think I have heard of it being done before but Im not too sure.
    does anyone know anyhting about this??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it's possible (I've done it), but it is a ROYAL pain in the patootie!!! [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

First, you need to get AG eyes--which are hard to come by--you can't get the right size from doll-supply stores or websites. They are unique--so they're few and far between on ebay.

It also takes a great deal of courage, since it is possible to tear the doll's face if the vinyl in the eye sockets is cut too much.

AND you must be extra coordinated AND lucky, since you can't see what you're cutting (the knife blocks the neck-hole) until you've already cut it.

I'm not trying to scare you away, but I do want to be clear on what you'd be getting into.

The only dolls worth all that trouble are PM dolls with silver-eye,especially white-bodied ones, that you don't want to trust the AG Hospital with.

AG will replace just the eyes on PM silver-eye dolls,(this is free, since silver-eye is a manufacturing defect) but you have to be clear and communicate your preferences in writing (include a note), just to be safe. I'd also phone CS, just to cover all the bases, since the hospital prefers to just replace the head, which would turn your PM doll into a Mattel-headed doll. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Inactive Member aero_AGdoll_lover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh! this all sounds a bit too gorry for me!! I couldnt cut a doll! aah! I wasnt thinking about doing it. I was just very curious as to wether or not it was possible at all. thats all. That is interesting though that they have a unique size....

Thanks for the info!