Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you keep the boxes?

T. Lynn

Question

Do you keep all your AG boxes or only certain ones?

Right now I have all the boxes from what the dolls come in...but I was curious as to others.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yep. My mom always did, so I guess I just inherited it from her... kind of the "one day I might need to sell it with the box" mentality, I guess. I knock the smaller ones down so they don't take up as much space. It's turned out good that I kept the doll-sized boxes, since they've been traveling and in and out of storage a lot in the past several years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used to. I kept almost all of them, from outfits and accessories and everything, all folded up. But I got tired of them and the space they took up so one day I just took them and put them in the recycling box. I kept some of the bigger ones for storing stuff, but most of the boxes outfits came in got recycled. It was weird at first but now I don't miss them, never used them for anything anyways.
    For a while I was under the crazy notion that I had to keep them in case I ever wanted to sell any of my AG stuff but who am I kidding, I wouldn't sell a thing even if I needed a life-saving heart transplant [img]redface.gif[/img]
    Edited to add that I do save the doll-sized boxes, those are very useful. All of Rae's wardrobe is currently being stored in the box she came in (although at the rate I'm adding to it I might need to get another box soon)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 26, 2006 04:07 PM: Message edited by: KimberBee ]</font>

emer222

I kept a few, mostly the large item boxes. All the others go in the recycle bin.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I keep all the doll boxes and many of the outfit and accessory boxes. I love the big, sturdy box the BB carrier came in-- it holds a ton of stuff. I reuse the BB outfit boxes and put the outfits I make for my DDs BBs in them for holiday and birthday presents. However, I learned the hard way not to us an AG box for none doll items. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have all the booxes my dolls came in and all the boxes from the LE items but most of the others I get rid of.

thepidget

I throw out most of the boxes for the dolls' outfits--they take up way too much space and it's easier to organize their clothes in my large Sterilite box.

However, I am keeping the box Kit came in as well as some of the boxes for accessory sets.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have some of the outfit boxes that I used to store the old outfits once the new ones came, especially when driving back from AGPC so I don't lose the shoes and stuff, and I find them in random places and go "hey! I was looking for that shirt/skirt/outfit!". I usually end up getting rid of them after that. I used to keep the doll boxes but my mom got rid of them. Some of the larger ones we use to store stuff. The odd-shaped ones, like the AG Club membership box, or shoeboxes, I use for little articles like hair things.

*AG Star*

I keep all of my boxes. I can't bear to throw them away, and it's an easy way to store everything.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been keeping all my boxes, but I may be moving in a month or so and I can't imagine lugging every outfit's box with me. I might save a few, especially the doll's boxes, but not every outfit's box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast