Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am thinking of getting Molly for my DD (7) and am wondering what mum's out there have found is the more popular for this age group from PM or Mattel Molly.

She did say that she doesn't like the idea that someone else has played with her doll so I'm thinking that she is leaning towards Mattel but.....

I personally think I should get her a PM doll because it will be more valuable in the future but this is just the collector in me talking.

So I guess what I'm asking is - do kids prefer the new or PM look.

I'm thinking I should be asking my daughter this but I feel that if she got a doll in the mail she wouldn't really know the difference.

Juliette

thepidget

I'm not sure what kids would prefer, but I have a Mattel Molly and I think she is very sweet-looking... [img]smile.gif[/img] Also, just in case something happens, it might be harder to replace parts on PM dolls (such as limbs).

Let us know what you decide!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really think that my daughter (10 yrs.) prefers the look of the Mattel dolls. We have two PM 's (Molly and Felicity) and she does think they are beautiful, but I think overall she prefers the Mattels.

Something else to consider - if you ever get Emily, she really will look better standing with a Mattel Molly since they will be more alike.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG I never actually thought about that! I guess I could buy the Molly and Emily doll in a friend special or something like tyat. You are totally right.

Elly and I have been chatting and it seems she really does like the Mattel dolls better and I would hate for her not to bond with a doll because she got the one she thought her mum would think was best. That's how I lived my life for ages and it wasn't good.

Juliette

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smart woman!

I know that what my daughter wants often differs from what I want and I have to remember that. I think we also need to remember not to buy things for just for collector value.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tori is 8 and she really prefers Mattel dolls. For her it come down to the hair. The PM dolls we have purchased have been in good condition but never mint. There is nothing like the silkyness of a brand new doll's hair. Like you I seem to like PM (I like the idea that a doll was previously loved) but she likes them new. We have one of each and both are cute. I don't think you can go wrong with Molly!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DD likes them new as well. I am looking for a PM Josefina, but they sell for almost as much as a new one. She only has $45.00 saved so she asked me to look for one on Ebay. Looks like she will have a while to wait, she wants to buy this one with her own money.

GreyMyst

The kids I buy dolls for really prefer the Mattel ones. They like the fact that they are more colorful and the hair is so shiny.

Top that with the fact that Mattel molly is cute as a button, and would match Emily better and I'd have to say Mattel.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love my PM Molly, but because she is older she has a much larger waist. This becomes a problem since the Mattel clothes do NOT fit her. I am now waiting on my third Camp Gowonagin outfit, so hopefully the shorts in this set will fit!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say Mattel. Both dolls are nice, but unless you want the hassle and expense of buying clothes on ebay (which may or may not fit,) I think you would be happier with a Mattel doll that would fit Mattel clothes. Also if the doll you receive has any problems, AG will happily send you another. You aren't likely to get that guarantee with ebay,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast