Thread: AG Books - Stolen Sapphire & Curse of Ravenscourt

T. Lynn

Does anyone have these mystery books? Are they worth the $$?

I have them in the shopping cart for my daughter but I'm hesitant on hitting the "checkout" button. She's not into the historical dolls (likes AGT and Limited Editions) but she loves mystery books. These would be her first books from AG so I was wondering if they were worth it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Out of those books I have only read Curse of Ravenscort. I read it aloud to my little cousin [img]smile.gif[/img] She loved it! I'm not much of a historical doll person myself, but I LOVED this book! I 100% encourage you to get this book. [img]wink.gif[/img]

*AG Star*

These books are really good. They are in-depth mysteries even though they aren't hard to understand. If I remember correctly, Curse of Ravenscourt has more historical information in it, but they both have a good deal of it. I'd give them both an A+!

T. Lynn

How about the minute mysteries with the 3 girls on the front cover? Does anyone have that one?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yep, they're both really good.

MickeyFan

We have all the mystery books and the Mini-Mystery books. I think it all depends on your daughter's age and how well she is reading and comprehending. The mystery books are long chapter books. If your daughter isn't already reading books in length like Nancy Drews, she might get bored reading them. My daughter loves them now, but when we first got them, they were somewhat boring to her. The Mini-Mysteries are great. They range in two to four page length stories where the reader gets to figure out the mystery. They take some thought, but are great. Also, if you are looking at the mystery books, you might want to get the soft covers. We have both the hardcover and softcover books and the softcovers have a separate "page" on the back cover with additional information. The hardcovers don't have this.

T. Lynn

What kind of information is on the back?

I just thought the hardcover would hold up better and for right now, that's what I have in the cart.

MickeyFan

I thought the same thing. That's why I got the hardback for the first set. After I got them I saw the softcover in the bookstore and noticed the separate page. For example, Samamtha's "The Stolen Sapphire" has a separate page attached to the back cover that shows three different jewels, sapphires, emerald, and rubies and their background. Felicity's mystery book has instructions on pressing flowers. The information isn't necessary, but it's a nice addition.