Thread: Wow! Kirsten's trunk is gorgeous!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Recently I splurged and placed a very large order with AG using the 10% off code. I had been saving money to go to the Madison sale or at least AGPC and now it would seem that I won't be going to either place, so I made the big order instead.

Anyway, one of the items that I ordered was Kirsten's Trunk, which would have completed my Kirsten collection until the new coat came out last week! [img]confused.gif[/img] But it is just gorgeous! I am so glad that I went ahead and ordered it, it's just beautiful and will hold so much. I don't really plan on putting her bed in there for storage as I would like to make her a "log" style room. With the 10% off code it came to $143 and I didn't even count the shipping because I had already maxed out on shipping with other items anyway [img]wink.gif[/img]

At the Madison sale it still would have cost me $100 plus tax. I saw one there last year, it was their last one, but it had a lot of scratches on the top and I just didn't think it was still worth the $100. I'm so glad I waited to order one new from AG. I even thought about getting one on ebay after the sale, but with shipping added on, I'd probably be so close to buying new anyway.

We now have Kit's and Josefina's (perfect condition for last year's sale) and Kirsten's. Now I'd still like to get Addy's trunk someday, with the 10% off again, of course!

A++++ highly recommeded!

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've always wanted one of the trunks, though I don't know which doll exactly. I'd probably like Josefina's or Kit's.
    How big is it? Approximately. Does it fit the doll well, what about the bed?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe Kirsten's bed is the only one that fits her bed. Kirsten's bed also fits a Kirsten doll on top.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations Laurie and Diana on getting Kirsten's trunk--its a beauty! We even keep Kirsten's bed in ours. It really fits a lot more than some of the other trunks, and is so pretty, too.

Polly Marie

Congratulations! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Beautiful AG item. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I might get Kirsten's trunk eventually- it sounds so nice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I disagree. I saw the real trunk for the first time a few years ago and was REALLY disapointed. The wood is cheap and the rosemaling is just a stencil or a decal. The one my dad made me is so much better and I highly recommend having someone make one or buying an unpainted wood trunk and painting it yourself. There are lots of books on rosemaling available trhough Scandinavian specialty shops.