Thread: Fess Up: Who's Written Stories For Their AGOT?

GreyMyst

Originally posted by colette denali:

119964865 1a9b2d04b7
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow. That's a yummy dollie, but that picture just plain makes me hungry! Thank goodness Jack In The Box never closes...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sara, are you a big fan of cabbage rolls? That's what's in the bottom right of that pic. Yum!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I too, have those books, but don't want to write in them, but am seriously thinking of having a website for my girls. One is Jewish (which we are not), but got some Jewish items in a ebay lot and figures this would be a good learning experience for dd & I. Also, one is a musician, and one was abandoned and has a story, etc. I say that when I have time, I want to write their stories and have like a website about each one, so y'all are not alone knowing our girls have a story to tell.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 20, 2006 12:08 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember in the 90s, when I ordered Sara, she came with six paperback books for me to fill in her story. I actually wrote her Meet story, but never finished. I've felt bad for years because she's been story-less.

So now I'm going through and writing out stories for her. It's a lot of fun. I've got a friend doll and friend story planned, too (if I ever get brave enough to buy Friend, I'll let you know), and I want to try to do a set of short stories. I might be over ambitious, but I'd really like to try.

So, I want to know: has anyone ever done stories for their AGOT doll? Meet so'n'so, So'n'so learns a lesson, so forth? How far did you get?

Most importantly, post links so that we can read what you wrote! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm working on Inky's stories. I've also got the six blank books, but sadly, one of them is damaged by an encounter w/ fabric softener when my wonderful partner tossed a bottle of Downy into a box during our last move.

Inky is a feisty Nanai girl from Khabarovsk, on Russia's border with China on the Amur River. She comes to the US during the last days of the Soviet Union. Inky struggles to reconcile her new identity with her past as a Young Pioneer and proud citizen of the USSR.

183043285 a433802322
    119964865 1a9b2d04b7

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 18, 2006 01:01 AM: Message edited by: colette denali ]</font>

Felicity_Fan85

I don't have the books because my only AGOT so far is #24 so of course she came with the friends forever book which I filled out. I still wish they came with the blank books. But I wrote Susie Learns a Lesson. I plan to write at least 2 more books for her, but I need to get some more motivation. So, I'm not writing them in order but thats okay because they will be once I write the rest.

http://www.geocities.com/petz5000/

The chapters are at the bottom and you have to press back to get to each link. And somehow the 5th chapter coded weird and I don't know how to fix it. But feel free to post or PM or email comments.

felicitygirl1774

I typed 10 stories for my AGOT, Alexandria. My favorite was Jess and Heather, The Dream Team. (Heather is Alexandria's real name, she just wants to go by her middle name. Also, she is based on Jess's sis in the books, the only difference is that she is 10!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got Cassie in 1995 or 96 and she came with the books. I started her Meet book and filled in her family page with marker drawings and started on some story.

It's funny because, looking back, I just "borrowed" characters from other stories. There is a poor orphan girl that she befriends (not exactly, but sort of like Nellie). And her best friend has a snobby older sister (Like Elizabeth and Annabelle). And her parents are drawn to look like my parents.

Now, I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me wishes I'd never "messed it up" especially with the marker. And part of me thinks it's a great keepsake from my childhood.

I'd like to start over, but maybe just in a regular notebook.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 19, 2006 12:37 AM: Message edited by: ColonialGirl ]</font>