Thread: My Fear For Molly

thepidget

But why would AG retire Molly's trunk, too? I'm afraid they'll phase it out completely and replace it with a trunk that has a poor design. I've heard a lot of people complaining about the changes made to Felicity's clothes press, like how it's primarily designed to hold two dolls. I hope they don't change Molly's trunk to do that. [img]frown.gif[/img] I certainly don't need a trunk that can hold dolls. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm with Cami and the rest on the repackaging. Didn't they also repackage Felicity's Christmas outfit to come with shoes as well? It seems like putting shoes with outfits is a new trend. It makes sense, because I bet a lot of folks just don't buy the extra shoes.

As for the trunk, it would be neat if they kept it as is but made it double wide! A huge trunk w/ room for 2 and more room in the drawers.

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With the phasing out of certian outfits for Molly: such as both the Miss Victory and Camp outfit... I am really worried that they might try to mess with the stories. Emily only has a brief encounter with Molly in Happy Birthday Molly. What if they totally re-write Molly Saves the Day and edit Changes for Molly.

I will be in an uproar. Maybe I'm just upsetting myself for nothing... but why retire Molly Camp outfit?!! That's the only outfit she has for an entire book.

Come on gals I need some reassurance..... please don't let them mess with my baby!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't read any of Molly's books, but some other HBers interpreted the text on the jacket of the Emily book as meaning that her book is actually a RETELLING of some of Molly's stories, from Emily's point of view. So I think any "rewriting" will be purely done in the new book. (That's not to say it's not IMPOSSIBLE for them to make changes, but with the probably literally MILLIONS of Molly books in public libraries everywhere, I don't think it would be in their best interest to make those revisions; I'm guessing they want everyone to be reading about the same Molly.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some here have commented that, perhaps, they're just going to package the Saddle Shoes (and notice those are now sold out) with the Summer outfit. This is in keeping with what they did for Felicity's Summer outfit, and obviously wouldn't be a huge change.

Personally, considering that Molly is a good enough seller, I can't see them actually re-writing the books. Felicity was a low seller so it was "Ok" (in their eyes, certainly not mine) to change Elizabeth so drastically. They probably assumed so many of the current little girls had no idea what she looked like anyway. Molly's pretty popular, and I'd assume they would know that, and know that her books must be out there, and in many little hands, who know what happened in the books.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the only thing that might change in the original books is the length of Emily's hair. I doubt they will totally re-write any stories. I agree that her camp outfit will likely reappear. Cami is probably right about them repackaging it with the shoes.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 13, 2006 12:52 AM: Message edited by: AngieBelle ]</font>